Posts: 3,228
Threads: 85
Likes Received: 4,796 in 2,092 posts
Likes Given: 566
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
I have added to the Goodwood Revival Proxy programme a alternative to the Event 3 St Marys Trophy (4 seater Saloon cars) which can be now additionally selected on the questionnaire, this is the Whitsun Trophy for Sports Prototypes between the years of 1960-1965. However based on the feedback I receive only one or the other of these Event 3 (a or b) will appear on the final programme should this be the preferred proxy. The Events 1 and 2 choices will remain as previously posted and are well supported.
Again my intention is to offer a balanced programme for which ever Proxy is chosen. So having enhanced the Historic Road Race Proxy by extending the Tour De France range of available cars, I decided to see if there might be a preference of early prototype car over the Touring cars in the Goodwood Revival Proxy.
Entrants who have completed the questionnaire are free to complete another form if they wish. I shall just delete the original one.
•
Posts: 3,228
Threads: 85
Likes Received: 4,796 in 2,092 posts
Likes Given: 566
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham

Good Morning
It is the 1st December so I will be announcing the decision on the Theme chosen for next years Autumn proxy before the end of the year.
So there is still time to complete the questionnaire and make your preference known
I have attached Car lists for both Proxy Series (which may not be totally comprehensive but shows you the scope of cars to be permitted)
Goodwood Revival proxy
[attachment=32738]
Historic Road Races
[attachment=32748]
(This post was last modified: 1st-Dec-23, 11:52 AM by
Graham.)
Posts: 4,517
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,061 in 1,817 posts
Likes Given: 4,202
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
There's far too much choice to make a rash decision so I'm going to print it all out and take the info to the club like a Christmas dinner menu choice. Some of the current Touring Proxy entrants aren't on any forums so best to let them see it on paper.
For general info we'll be setting our track to 12V for future proxies rather than the default 13.8V we normally use it every week.
We'd not tried lower track voltages before until a few weeks ago when we raced a particular class (NSR Moslers, cars all the same, everyone using the same controller Truspeed BP2). 11V was a great compromise and the whole field of cars finished much closer than before.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 3,228
Threads: 85
Likes Received: 4,796 in 2,092 posts
Likes Given: 566
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
(1st-Dec-23, 12:08 PM)Kevan Wrote: There's far too much choice to make a rash decision so I'm going to print it all out and take the info to the club like a Christmas dinner menu choice. Some of the current Touring Proxy entrants aren't on any forums so best to let them see it on paper.
For general info we'll be setting our track to 12V for future proxies rather than the default 13.8V we normally use it every week.
We'd not tried lower track voltages before until a few weeks ago when we raced a particular class (NSR Moslers, cars all the same, everyone using the same controller Truspeed BP2). 11V was a great compromise and the whole field of cars finished much closer than before.
I will be posting on our Facebook page as well at the end of the current Touring cars Proxy.
[url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/467177127629949][/url]
(This post was last modified: 1st-Dec-23, 12:17 PM by
Graham.)
Posts: 4,517
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,061 in 1,817 posts
Likes Given: 4,202
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Good idea, just joined. I'll share that to our club page too
The Great UK Slot Car Triple Crown Proxy
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
(This post was last modified: 1st-Dec-23, 12:53 PM by
Kevan.)
•
Posts: 3,228
Threads: 85
Likes Received: 4,796 in 2,092 posts
Likes Given: 566
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
Today has remained cold and gloomy, so I have spent time looking at the appropriate rules for the alternative Proxy options which I have posted on the leading page but also copied again here. With still no obvious choice as yet it seemed prudent to expand my initial thoughts to both Options, but these rules are still "proposals" and not the final ruling. So am quite open to further "polite" feedback or good reasoning as to if these rules are sufficient for next years chosen Theme.
Common issues like no traction magnets, ballast placement, slot guide recommendations etc and other details will be added later.
There is a divergence of the rules from what was originally posted, as the structure and car lists have evolved over recent weeks. But I have tried to keep the basic rule plans very similar.
[attachment=32803] [attachment=32802]
(This post was last modified: 3rd-Dec-23, 03:34 PM by
Graham.)
Posts: 4,517
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,061 in 1,817 posts
Likes Given: 4,202
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
After pondering over the proposals for a while I'd like to make an observation which might possibly be an issue to some but not to others.
Concerning both options:
There's advantages to be seen here if you choose the right event if you fancy a go at winning a class...wide plus wide tyres looks best

...just an idea but maybe the narrow tyre classes could be allowed a 1mm track clearance.
As regards the Historic Roadrace option, I'm hoping that's going to be for
road track only not bumpy offroad track as we saw in the Rally Proxy. This is the #1 thing holding me back on making a definite choice.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
(This post was last modified: 3rd-Dec-23, 04:11 PM by
Kevan.)
•
Posts: 3,228
Threads: 85
Likes Received: 4,796 in 2,092 posts
Likes Given: 566
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
(This post was last modified: 4th-Dec-23, 01:12 PM by
Graham.)
Posts: 573
Threads: 9
Likes Received: 569 in 284 posts
Likes Given: 728
Joined: Mar 2021
In the Historic Class, is there a possibility for U2.0L cars to run at 1mm?
•
Posts: 573
Threads: 9
Likes Received: 569 in 284 posts
Likes Given: 728
Joined: Mar 2021
(3rd-Dec-23, 04:10 PM)Kevan Wrote: After pondering over the proposals for a while I'd like to make an observation which might possibly be an issue to some but not to others.
Concerning both options:
There's advantages to be seen here if you choose the right event if you fancy a go at winning a class...wide plus wide tyres looks best 
...just an idea but maybe the narrow tyre classes could be allowed a 1mm track clearance.
As regards the Historic Roadrace option, I'm hoping that's going to be for road track only not bumpy offroad track as we saw in the Rally Proxy. This is the #1 thing holding me back on making a definite choice.
I basically posted something similar then read Karan’s post. I will need a ton of advice on building a car for bumps.
•