Posts: 90
Threads: 27
Likes Received: 37 in 25 posts
Likes Given: 9
Joined: Mar 2023
I have read about the adjustment of slot-it motor pods, using the 4 screws underneath the chassis, is this something that can help ? if so, do the screws slacken to lower it ? or should I just leave it alone cos I don`t know what I`m doing !!!
Posts: 1,229
Threads: 141
Likes Received: 1,415 in 629 posts
Likes Given: 742
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Chesterfield, UK
I don't know what I'm doing either but if it's currently done up tight so the pod doesn't move separately from the chassis then you have a reference point you can return to if you don't notice or like any changes in driveability after playing around with the screws.
If that's the case play around with backing off the screws. What I'd be aiming for - bearing in mind I don't know what I'm doing either - is a little float (free movement) of the pod within the chassis.
Those who know what they're doing will be along shortly to give more detail on the process and what to expect, I'm sure.
Posts: 4,502
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,195
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
A motor pod sits on top of the chassis so you can't 'lower it' unless you remove material from the pod or chassis.
By backing the screws off you're allowing the body and chassis to move without affecting the pod and rear tyres, in effect the chassis drops slightly as the screws are backed off. This will also lower the bodyshell so watch the tyre clearance in the wheel arches.
These are dead simple cars, don't overthink something that's blindingly obvious.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 90
Threads: 27
Likes Received: 37 in 25 posts
Likes Given: 9
Joined: Mar 2023
Thanks Kevan, nice clear instructions...