27th-Aug-22, 01:49 PM
Slotting Car Proxy Club
27th-Aug-22, 08:13 PM
27th-Aug-22, 09:31 PM
(27th-Aug-22, 08:13 PM)Brumos RSR Wrote:(27th-Aug-22, 12:09 PM)Kevan Wrote: For those of us who recently acquired a Revo Alfa GTA...
I assume it is not legal for the proxy as it has an aluminum chassis.
Good point!
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
28th-Aug-22, 08:13 AM
(27th-Aug-22, 09:31 PM)Kevan Wrote:(27th-Aug-22, 08:13 PM)Brumos RSR Wrote:(27th-Aug-22, 12:09 PM)Kevan Wrote: For those of us who recently acquired a Revo Alfa GTA...
I assume it is not legal for the proxy as it has an aluminum chassis.
Good point!
Plenty of time for a 3d chassis to come along, if a slot.it pod actually fits anyway.
28th-Aug-22, 08:48 AM
(27th-Aug-22, 08:13 PM)Brumos RSR Wrote:(27th-Aug-22, 12:09 PM)Kevan Wrote: For those of us who recently acquired a Revo Alfa GTA...
I assume it is not legal for the proxy as it has an aluminum chassis.
Correct, no metal, brass or Aluminium chassis. This event will be using quite testing Rally designs where the risk of chassis touching the contact rails is fairly high. So I would like to avoid the possibility of electrical shorting out on the tracks.
30th-Aug-22, 09:55 PM
I've been watching old Monte Carlo Rally footage...I quite fancy building something ludicrous...how about an Oldsmobile 88 from the '55 Monte Carlo Rally
...I must be mad!
...I must be mad!
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
31st-Aug-22, 08:42 AM
(30th-Aug-22, 09:55 PM)Kevan Wrote: I've been watching old Monte Carlo Rally footage...I quite fancy building something ludicrous...how about an Oldsmobile 88 from the '55 Monte Carlo Rally
...I must be mad!
Great choice, one thing I would raise is that many of these older models are likely to have a long wheelbase and whilst welcomed it must be borne in mind that they will have to run on the same Rally characteristic tracks as all the other cars. So one piece of advice would be not to make these long wheelbase cars too low on the track clearance. Probably at least 2mm clearance would be advisable for these longer cars.
31st-Aug-22, 08:54 AM
Hi Graham, how strict will the rally livery be? I'm thinking of reliverying a scaley honda civic as I have one lying around and it's in the wrc class. I've got some red bull decals lying around, I doubt the civic ever ran that livery but it's a period correct rally livery (think red bull were sponsoring VW in WRC at the time?) and there is the wider honda/red bull link from F1.
Thanks
Ash
Thanks
Ash
31st-Aug-22, 10:06 AM
(31st-Aug-22, 08:54 AM)tatter06 Wrote: Hi Graham, how strict will the rally livery be? I'm thinking of reliverying a scaley honda civic as I have one lying around and it's in the wrc class. I've got some red bull decals lying around, I doubt the civic ever ran that livery but it's a period correct rally livery (think red bull were sponsoring VW in WRC at the time?) and there is the wider honda/red bull link from F1.
Thanks
Ash
Red Bull is a common WRC livery, so no problems with that and with Rally type decals should be fine. And of course has both driver and navigator
1st-Sep-22, 08:23 AM
(31st-Aug-22, 08:42 AM)Graham Wrote:(30th-Aug-22, 09:55 PM)Kevan Wrote: I've been watching old Monte Carlo Rally footage...I quite fancy building something ludicrous...how about an Oldsmobile 88 from the '55 Monte Carlo Rally
...I must be mad!
Great choice, one thing I would raise is that many of these older models are likely to have a long wheelbase and whilst welcomed it must be borne in mind that they will have to run on the same Rally characteristic tracks as all the other cars. So one piece of advice would be not to make these long wheelbase cars too low on the track clearance. Probably at least 2mm clearance would be advisable for these longer cars.
After a bit of consultation with the other hosts, I am going to change my advice to "avoid using long wheel base slot cars" as on some of the Rally stages the corners will be too tight for these cars to get round, and certainly the inclines would be problematic for them anyway.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
Users browsing this thread:

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)