Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Autumn Endurance-Interseries Proxy Builds
#11

Some very nice looking cars so far, I'm impressed with how organised some people are!

Lighting was my downfall in this event last year so I'm thinking of K.I.S.S this year with a simple mechanical swap out for Class A, leaving all the lighting in place. I think this means the lights drain the power more than a proper light kit but not sure by how much - not enough to worry about maybe with the motor swapped to an nsr shark or similar giving a big boost to torque compared to a standard motor anyway?

 Continuing the Porsche theme....
   
[+] 1 member Likes tatter06's post
Quote
#12

       

The Jaguar has a strong chance at showing up as a class B entry.  The 510 is complete and ready to roll.  The 911S has received another motor change to a Revoslot 21k and will not be eligible to run in the series.
Quote
#13

       

Re-run of my LeMans proxy failure #64 SCX Corvette C6R for Class A ( rebuilt )
#28 GBtrack Porsche 917 for Class D ( mission accomplished to install lights in this car )

Looking forward to running this part of the proxy series 
Brumos , hope your running Denis chassis in your 510 , would love to see his work 1st hand 

Kev
[+] 1 member Likes OXO cube's post
Quote
#14

       

Cars are as ready as can be.  The 904 received 2 motors as one seized during testing.  The car has only been run at 18k so we will keep our fingers crossed as there has been no testing at 20k.  

The Mclaren was picked up used, has a new motor, wheels and tires all around and is also untested.  Ride height is 1.04mm and it’s the heaviest Thunderslot I own.  It should be a smooth ride and I hope you have video as I have not seen any of my cars actually run in person in over a year.
[+] 5 members Like Brumos RSR's post
Quote
#15

(17th-Aug-22, 05:27 AM)Brumos RSR Wrote:  Cars are as ready as can be.  The 904 received 2 motors as one seized during testing.  The car has only been run at 18k so we will keep our fingers crossed as there has been no testing at 20k.  

The Mclaren was picked up used, has a new motor, wheels and tires all around and is also untested.  Ride height is 1.04mm and it’s the heaviest Thunderslot I own.  It should be a smooth ride and I hope you have video as I have not seen any of my cars actually run in person in over a year.

Looks great, I can see a little variation on the Brumos RSR "all silver" colour theme appearing on the Mclaren, or did you run out of silver paint  Tease
[+] 1 member Likes Graham's post
Quote
#16

Here's my Class A Astra... 

   

All running dandy, just need to 'proxy proof' it now.

I love puttering with gears
[+] 4 members Like BAracer's post
Quote
#17

Stop showing of your set up plate  Rofl
I want one of those but postage from the US to UK kills it and no one this side of the pond makes one as good !
[+] 2 members Like Savage GT's post
Quote
#18

It was a Christmas present...how can you put a price on bringing joy?

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#19

(17th-Aug-22, 07:02 AM)Graham Wrote:  
(17th-Aug-22, 05:27 AM)Brumos RSR Wrote:  Cars are as ready as can be.  The 904 received 2 motors as one seized during testing.  The car has only been run at 18k so we will keep our fingers crossed as there has been no testing at 20k.  

The Mclaren was picked up used, has a new motor, wheels and tires all around and is also untested.  Ride height is 1.04mm and it’s the heaviest Thunderslot I own.  It should be a smooth ride and I hope you have video as I have not seen any of my cars actually run in person in over a year.

Looks great, I can see a little variation on the Brumos RSR "all silver" colour theme appearing on the Mclaren, or did you run out of silver paint  Tease
Picked it up used, and liked the red so I kept it.  My painting skills are just as bad as my building skills. I have more silver paint than most. It’s easy and I can’t mess it up.
[+] 3 members Like Brumos RSR's post
Quote
#20

One car has made it to finish, just some testing and final tweaks to be made.
I have been putting together slot cars for a few years now, but this was the first one I have added lights too  Sun

I opted for warm white front leds to look more like the period incandescent lights (actually they may have had halogens on the BMW IRL) 
TBH the lights were bought to go in the 512M and came in a set of 5 pairs, they also happed to be close to the same size as the fitted chrome lights.

   

   

I did manage to break the corner off one of the front lenses, but a bit of UV resin sorted that out.

The second car is still in the paintshop, The Lemans decals I had were not fitting the body quite right, so I designed a new set and Colin (C&C Designs) very kindly printed them off for me and got them in the post the same day, Thank you kind sir Thumbup

I just have to wait for RM to deliver them, and I can make a bit more headway on car 2 Rofl
[+] 7 members Like Savage GT's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
5th-Sep-26, 02:06 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)