Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Autumn Endurance - InterSeries Proxy

Put me down for class C&D

Wavegreen Good Morning
we had another 3 entrants confirming their interest in entering.

One question which has been just raised is in regards to cars sporting Race livery.
Although I have not included these requirements in the technical rules, I would expect any cars entered to be resembling the type of livery "typical of an endurance or Interseries race car". So any "fantasy" livery or painted cars should have numbered decals and livery appropriate to the class era entered. So prefer not to see any Gulf livery on 1950's Mercedes 300SL cars etc please.

I will not exclude any entry cars with" inappropriate livery"  from running in the series, but I reserve the right to disallow them to be considered for Concourse points or potentially Concourse prizes (should we be lucky enough to receive sponsorship support).

But here is the up to date list of entrants, we are nearly half full of cars already

Hi Graham, what about cars from 1965?

Class A...does 'modified' allow for a motor pod or do cars in that class have to have a one piece chassis?

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers

(6th-Jul-22, 12:49 PM)Kevan Wrote:  Hi Graham, what about cars from 1965?

Class A...does 'modified' allow for a motor pod or do cars in that class have to have a one piece chassis?

which car are you referring to ?

Class A cars can use original chassis supplied with the original RTR model, 3d chassis with or without motor pods, and universal Chassis (ie HRS type)
[+] 1 member Likes Graham's post

I'd like to provisionally book a car into each class, A,B,C&D.

I'll ask our club members, I'm fairly sure I can get two of the guys interested.

...and if possible I'm offering our two routed tracks as an extra venue here in the the Isle of Man, we can cover the shipping.

(6th-Jul-22, 02:21 PM)Kevan Wrote:  I'd like to provisionally book a car into each class, A,B,C&D.

I'll ask our club members, I'm fairly sure I can get two of the guys interested.

...and if possible I'm offering our two routed tracks as an extra venue here in the the Isle of Man, we can cover the shipping.

Sorry Kevan, but you have to choose 1 or 2 preferred classes. It is only fair to the other entrants who may want to reserve a place.  The Limit of 10 places per class will be adhered to, although there maybe scope to swap around before the Registration date.

(6th-Jul-22, 02:08 PM)Graham Wrote:  

Class A cars can use original chassis supplied with the original RTR model, 3d chassis with or without motor pods, and universal Chassis (ie HRS type)

1. Alpine A110, Abarth 1000, Maserati Tipo 65

2. Thanks, fully cleared up  Thumbup

(6th-Jul-22, 02:44 PM)Kevan Wrote:  
(6th-Jul-22, 02:08 PM)Graham Wrote:  

1. Alpine A110, Abarth 1000, Maserati Tipo 65

2. Thanks, fully cleared up  Thumbup

The Abarth 1000SP and Maserati Tipo 65 were both prototype cars, so would be allowed into the Interseries Class.

The Alpine A110 was produced between 1963- 1975 as a road car, so it depends on the model year you are presenting ? If it is indeed the 1965 LM version then it would be OK in the Le mans Classic Class. If it is more like the 1973 Tour De France version with the wide wheel arches, I would only permit it in the Production & Group 5 Sports cars class from 1975.
[+] 1 member Likes Graham's post

Wavegreen Good evening,

another interesting question about eligibility of cars has been raised by a couple of our entrants.

The Camaro is listed for Daytona Class, but to my knowledge this only applies to 1970 onwards produced models which were racing still in 1975 at Daytona.
So please do not plan to enter any Camaro 68/69 Trans Am cars.

Wavegreen Good Morning,

another two entrants have been added to the list

Great to see Merseyspeed back this year.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Graham
24th-Mar-24, 04:46 PM
Last Post by Graham
23rd-Mar-24, 08:57 AM
Last Post by Brumos RSR
22nd-Mar-24, 02:10 PM
Last Post by Kevan
10th-Mar-24, 02:18 PM
Last Post by Kevan
28th-Dec-23, 12:44 PM