Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Electric Vehicle Triathlon Proxy Event (EV Triathlon) -Official Thread
#61

Hello Jeremy,
Yes this track is outside/outdoors  24-7, all year long.
Spiders, birds and cats feature a lot !

Leo
[+] 2 members Like I.Pace's post
Quote
#62

(16th-May-21, 12:31 PM)I.Pace Wrote:  Hello Jeremy,
Yes this track is outside/outdoors  24-7, all year long.
Spiders, birds and cats feature a lot !

Leo

i can attest to this  Thumbup
have driven this track ( just after the snow cleared  Rofl )
[+] 1 member Likes OXO cube's post
Quote
#63

A great motorsport weekend.   Rally Portugal, Monaco GP, Brighton to John O'Groats and the EV Triathlon Rally Stage.  

Ran the cars on my Ninco/Policar hybrid track. The high centre of gravity of these cars means for me that "lift and coast" is about the best approach to cornering. Bit of a poor showing for the locals, probably down to the thinking that my Scuderia Turini and personal cars should go well here as they were developed here and being over-confident.

Results are below, will aggregate all the results to work out the overall results and announce that soon. Meanwhile, enjoy the video - apologies for the echo-y audio. 

Leo   

   

 

Start-Line poses:-

   

   

   

   

   

   

   

   

   


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
[+] 3 members Like I.Pace's post
Quote
#64

Wavegreen Looking good, I guess the Road Race Teams will be navigating that next week  Thumbup
[+] 2 members Like Graham's post
Quote
#65

Love it Heart 

Super track from some maximum-attack iPace racing Thumbup 

Having raced against Pete's cars at WHO, there's always quite a lot of different in weight! For sure, I will be beefing up the front of my Jag for next year.
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post
Quote
#66

Wrench another podium 
love it Leo  Thumbup
[+] 1 member Likes OXO cube's post
Quote
#67

I would swear that I posted up results and awards info earlier today but it has not appeared.  Will redo it shortly.

Leo
Quote
#68

After a bit of max spread-sheeting with the segment results, I can now announce the awards.

As per the event regs, I wanted to avoid the situation where one car/person dominates and walks away with all the trophies. As there were only ten entries, this has resulted in every car being awarded a sporting trophy. I decided that the Concours judging was a separate thing, being non-sporting, so that means that the Concours winner will get two awards.  

The full awards table is below, but a few words first.  
The concours judging came down to two cars, with the award going to Jerome's bold white and orange livery. The crispness of the colour line settled the decision, with Andy's lateral thinking of concentrating on the interior getting a special mention. 

Thank you to all who entered an I-Pace and participated in this innovative event which I think is pretty unique.  

Special congratulations to Kev (Oxo Cube) whose vehicle performed consistently well to take the overall slot. 
Congratulations to all the entrants, all of the vehicles performed well and had no running issues. Only damages were, rear wing dislodged on Andy's car and the driver's door number decal on Graham's vehicle (since replaced).  Jerome's vehicle arrived with the nearside mirror detached. I decided to not spoil its looks by (badly) gluing it in place and so it is secured inside the car.

I think that the Electric Vehicle connection is worth trying again in 2022, by which time there may be a wider choice of vehicles available. The I-Paces are a bit unwieldy so perhaps two vehicle classes are called for.  Might introduce a fee next time so that the awards can be up-graded !

I will ship the vehicles back home tomorrow, trophies included along with a small souvenir.

Leo

   

   

Vehicle photos in random order:


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
                                       
[+] 4 members Like I.Pace's post
Quote
#69

Thank you for some great racing. Cars arrived safe and sound, with trophies and goodies. Thanks again and please let us know if you do any more racing.

best wishes
Pete and Jerome.
[+] 3 members Like pj racing's post
Quote
#70

home safe and sound 
thanks leo for a great little innovative event
was great fun , and my 1st ever proxy win !
     
look forward to next year 

kev

no idea why my pictures mess up so often ?
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
5th-Sep-26, 02:06 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)