4th-May-21, 09:53 AM
Electric Vehicle Triathlon Proxy Event (EV Triathlon) -Official Thread
10th-May-21, 07:53 PM
11th-May-21, 08:53 PM
Busy day today, did shakedown runs to get a feel for each car. Weighed each car just for interest.
Most cars are pretty standard with just some having weight added. The usual surprises of which cars are quicker. Times are simply a basic indication and I was trying to get a feel for each car without de-slotting it.
In the evening we were able to take advantage of the good weather and set up the drag-strip and run the cars on that. Will publish those results tomorrow.
Leo
Shakedown results:
Most cars are pretty standard with just some having weight added. The usual surprises of which cars are quicker. Times are simply a basic indication and I was trying to get a feel for each car without de-slotting it.
In the evening we were able to take advantage of the good weather and set up the drag-strip and run the cars on that. Will publish those results tomorrow.
Leo
Shakedown results:
12th-May-21, 07:36 PM
As above, we ran the Drag-Strip aspect yesterday evening. Full results are below with #55 (joshua) taking the top step followed by #52 (Leo) then #9 (Kev). The Safety Car ran in the second lane just to keep each vehicle company. I had wired it with a diode in the feed to the motor so as to handicap it and that worked quite well apart from one run where it beat Jerome's vehicle - oops!
I intended to video the runs but forgot a few times, but I think every vehicle got some footage. Apologies that the video is not great.
No damage to any of the vehicles, the braking area was about 1 metre in length with a soft pillow at the end. The vehicles were all run on the same lane and power was applied through a relay driven via Race-Coordinator which also did the timing.
Each vehicle got three runs and we decided to simply total the three times to get the placings. Perhaps predictably, the heavier vehicles didn't do too well, I feel their time will come on the circuits.
At the bottom end was my team vehicle which surprised me :-(
Leo
I intended to video the runs but forgot a few times, but I think every vehicle got some footage. Apologies that the video is not great.
No damage to any of the vehicles, the braking area was about 1 metre in length with a soft pillow at the end. The vehicles were all run on the same lane and power was applied through a relay driven via Race-Coordinator which also did the timing.
Each vehicle got three runs and we decided to simply total the three times to get the placings. Perhaps predictably, the heavier vehicles didn't do too well, I feel their time will come on the circuits.
At the bottom end was my team vehicle which surprised me :-(
Leo
15th-May-21, 08:46 AM
great coverage leo ![[Image: thumbsup.gif]](https://www.slotforum.com/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)
was a very good idea to run all cars against the same pace car , the visual representation of the different timings really worked
well-done Joshua #55 ( my driver needs to go on a diet ) , happy with the podium
looking forward to your other tracks , especially your 'all weather' Ninco![[Image: biggrin.png]](https://www.slotforum.com/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png)
do you plan running that one under your lights in the evening ?
kev
was a very good idea to run all cars against the same pace car , the visual representation of the different timings really worked
well-done Joshua #55 ( my driver needs to go on a diet ) , happy with the podium
looking forward to your other tracks , especially your 'all weather' Ninco
do you plan running that one under your lights in the evening ?
kev
15th-May-21, 02:31 PM
I ran the 2nd event in the EV Triathlon yesterday. Weather was good so running outside held no concerns and the conditions were the same for all vehicles.
The sprint circuit flows nicely and includes a long downhill back-straight where the vehicles can show their pace. The main sections are fairly 'technical' and vehicles need decent traction to go well. The heavier vehicles worked well, being able to power out of the curves whereas the lighter vehicles half-spun and/or de-slotted when the guide reached the end of its travel.
Videos for each vehicle are linked below. The camera covers the top loop of the layout.
Final results will have to wait until after the 3rd discipline as I perhaps complicated the distribution of awards whilst trying to avoid the situation where one vehicle takes overall award and all the individual ones as well. (Reference the awards note in the regs)
Leo
Sprint Circuit Results:
YouTube Video Links:
#52
#51
#53
#54
#55
#3
#6
#9
#11
#50
The sprint circuit flows nicely and includes a long downhill back-straight where the vehicles can show their pace. The main sections are fairly 'technical' and vehicles need decent traction to go well. The heavier vehicles worked well, being able to power out of the curves whereas the lighter vehicles half-spun and/or de-slotted when the guide reached the end of its travel.
Videos for each vehicle are linked below. The camera covers the top loop of the layout.
Final results will have to wait until after the 3rd discipline as I perhaps complicated the distribution of awards whilst trying to avoid the situation where one vehicle takes overall award and all the individual ones as well. (Reference the awards note in the regs)
Leo
Sprint Circuit Results:
YouTube Video Links:
#52
#51
#53
#54
#55
#3
#6
#9
#11
#50
15th-May-21, 04:25 PM
Looks like my car could be come a very good "drift" car or perhaps at doing doughnuts
Love the drag strip, I think I have just the right place for one of those........all I need is the track, and some good weather
Love the drag strip, I think I have just the right place for one of those........all I need is the track, and some good weather
15th-May-21, 09:47 PM
I used Scalextric START system track. Rigid plastic so fairly smooth. Also the location was pretty smooth and flat. I have previously used Carrera track for the same reason but for the Triathlon aspect, I wanted to have three different surfaces involved.
Leo
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
16th-May-21, 05:39 AM
go number 9 !!!! I'm over the moon !!!!!
thanx leo and once again great coverage
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)