Posts: 44
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 81 in 35 posts
Likes Given: 37
Joined: Feb 2021
Location Edinburgh
No difficulty finding charging points for the vehicles.
(This post was last modified: 20th-Mar-21, 06:02 PM by
I.Pace.)
Posts: 553
Threads: 32
Likes Received: 816 in 362 posts
Likes Given: 197
Joined: Dec 2020
Location burnley UK
wow leo
you are taking this to another level
well done
looking forward to this event
the concept is just brilliant
kev
Posts: 553
Threads: 32
Likes Received: 816 in 362 posts
Likes Given: 197
Joined: Dec 2020
Location burnley UK
is there an exact date in may for this proxy ?
looking forward to it
•
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,026 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
The document in the original post says 10 May cut-off, with the racing happening over the following three weeks. That’s next month already...
My I-Pace is currently in the speed shop - should be ready to head north in a week or two
•
Posts: 44
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 81 in 35 posts
Likes Given: 37
Joined: Feb 2021
Location Edinburgh
Hello Kev and Andy,
No specific date, but as Andy says, vehicles must arrive on or before the 10th May 2021 (PM me for the address).
The Sprint and Drag events will be held outdoors, hence the loose arrangement for the schedule.
Scrutineering and Pre-event shakedown will take place by 14th May, with the actual Triathlon events following thereafter.
Leo
(This post was last modified: 4th-Apr-21, 10:55 PM by
I.Pace.)
Posts: 44
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 81 in 35 posts
Likes Given: 37
Joined: Feb 2021
Location Edinburgh
The Scalextric I-Pace story started with the Group 44 heritage livery and that seemed like a nice point to start, with further Jaguar related heritage liveries on I-Pace cars but Scalextric/Hornby seemed to have ceased production after producing three eTrophy liveries.
I had hoped that the EV Triathlon would inspire some entrants to produce their own thoughts on liveries or colours from Jaguar heritage, or even fantasy versions.
Its not too late if you are quick!! Cars are due in on 10th May or before.
Below are the three homage heritage liveries that I am aware of.
Leo
Posts: 3,214
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,781 in 2,085 posts
Likes Given: 565
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
I love the green one
I wonder who's the lucky onwner of that one
Definitely looks like a winner
Posts: 44
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 81 in 35 posts
Likes Given: 37
Joined: Feb 2021
Location Edinburgh
The owner of the Le Mans 1955 heritage vehicle is one of the top posters on SlotRacer.
People will have to follow the event to find out !!
I cannot find a Gulf liveried Jaguar (thank goodness), but a Castrol version (XJR-9) would be nice or Silk Cut colours could work. Some of the XJ220 liveries are nice.
Leo
Posts: 44
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 81 in 35 posts
Likes Given: 37
Joined: Feb 2021
Location Edinburgh
Two nice I-Paces arrived today, although one has lost a door mirror. Am hoping it was missing when shipped, cannot find it in the packaging.
Still enough time if anyone wants an entry.
PJ Racing presented these two cars.
Pete:
Jerome:
Posts: 44
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 81 in 35 posts
Likes Given: 37
Joined: Feb 2021
Location Edinburgh
Woodcote's I-Pace arrived today. Looks pretty standard looks-wise but there are enhancements and in particular the interior has been super-detailed.
Tomorrow is 1st of May so just about enough time to get an I-Pace, true the wheels and tyres and ship it here!
Leo