Today brought a nice little parcel - the first entrant's car arrived.
OXO-Cube's Jaguar has been numbered up and will be scrutineered in the next few days. Probably got a while to wait before others arrive, so will put it "somewhere safe".
What is this Dakar event? Obviously not the 1:1 Dakar event.
Wish I had an Ipace in the collection, only Jag I have is an XJ220.
I will be following with great interest though.
Mike, I was thinking of the Extreme Slotting event I have been proposing, depending of how much interest we might get of couse.
Having now bought the said "fine looking I-Pace" what could I do with it after this event, and I came up with the idea of converting it to a off road or Raid slot car. Have to put on a new chassis etc, but I might know a man who could do this. Taking Leo's theme, be great to have a I-Pace off road challenge class included in such a proxy event ?
The rally stage is a hybrid of Ninco (75%) and Policar(25%) track. Tight hairpins and medium curves feature on two levels. It is a single lane circuit by having "rally loops" that send the cars back where they came from.
Hello everybody.
There is still time to obtain and prepare a car. Entries have to be at the start address on or before the 10th May 2021. With the tight regulations, preparation is simple so not too time-consuming. Essentially just true-ing wheels and tyres and replacing the guide if you wish. I cannot claim that this event is any more eco-friendly than other proxy slot-car events but it embraces Electric Vehicles and so is in the right spirit.
Feel free to ask questions here or via personal message.