Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Hello PJ, great to have you on board.
I was hoping that the EV aspect would appeal to younger peeps!
If you need any advice, feel free to ask. Dismantling the body to do a repaint can be a bit tricky - the rear light lenses are glued in at the rear body mounting post and can be removed with a bit of gentle easing upwards (car on its roof!) until the glue lets go. Glazing unit is a bit of a puzzle but flexing the sides will help with the side windows releasing and then I found that pushing the glazing unit forwards and at an angle through the screen aperture allows it to be removed in a sort of zig-zag movement. (LOL that makes it sound much worse than it is).
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 2,053
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,409 in 1,388 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Younger peeps? That counts me out.
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Yo Ken dude!
I guess I really meant people with an open mind and find interest in new stuff.
Anyway, I think we established before that you are younger than I am.
If just one Canadian enters, that will elevate this to International Status

I have a vision of a white and red I-Pace with a big maple leaf on the hood.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
Posts: 2,053
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,409 in 1,388 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Leo. It make me laugh, brother.
You're as young as you act. That doesn't say much for me.
Counting the years is mandatory. Maturity is totally optional.
I'm waiting to test shipping there and back with HO drag-race proxies. If all goes well. Other proxies might sound very tempting.
However. I don't think I'm going to set my track up outside in the snow like you guys are doing with your snow-plows. It's -10 degrees out there!
(This post was last modified: 16th-Feb-21, 12:36 AM by
KensRedZed.)
Posts: 9
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 11 in 6 posts
Likes Given: 8
Joined: Nov 2020
Hi,
cars arrived today. Body off, windows and lights out, ready for spraying. just a couple of quick questions, the twin pack cars with dark windows have no drivers, do I need to fit a driver?. can we trim the body to gain a little body rock?. Many thanks
PJ
Posts: 44
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 81 in 35 posts
Likes Given: 37
Joined: Feb 2021
Location Edinburgh
Hello PJ,
No need to fit a driver. Body and Chassis must not be modified, but you can leave the screws slack.
Leo
.
Posts: 44
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 81 in 35 posts
Likes Given: 37
Joined: Feb 2021
Location Edinburgh
In the regulations I said I would provide pictures of the 3 courses involved so the Sprint Track is below. This is Carrera Exclusiv system track configured with just one crossover section so that it forms one lane. Overall running length is approximately 26 metres.
Leo
Posts: 44
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 81 in 35 posts
Likes Given: 37
Joined: Feb 2021
Location Edinburgh
A summary queries raised so far:-
Does a driver have to be fitted to the black window cars? No
Can the chassis edges be cut back to allow body-rock? The body and chassis must not be altered from standard, but the screws can be left slack.
Who is the Judge? Leo Capaldi
How will the overall winner be decided? The times from the three disciplines will be aggregated and the car with the lowest total will be the overall winner.
Leo
Posts: 44
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 81 in 35 posts
Likes Given: 37
Joined: Feb 2021
Location Edinburgh
Now up to 10 entrants, but room for some more.
Leo C
Andy P
PJ
PJ Junior
Kev Oxo
Adrian C
Francesca L
Chris C
Portals999
Scuderia Turini
Posts: 44
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 81 in 35 posts
Likes Given: 37
Joined: Feb 2021
Location Edinburgh
Great that SlotRacer.Online has created a home for Proxy Racing/Rallying/etc !! Sign up here !!
Nice one Jason and team.
(This post was last modified: 24th-Feb-21, 07:41 PM by
I.Pace.)