20th-Nov-19, 11:28 PM
Thanks a lot for all the responses. At present I have two cars built for our 'kitbash' class at FRC where we race on Scalex Sport Digital track: an Airfix (I believe) Escort Mk.1 using a PCS chassis and an Owners Club (Japanese model kit brand) 1965 Datsun Skyline using a home made plastic chassis with a Slot.it inline motor pod. Both use 14k rpm FC130 motors and run mag-less, as mandated by the rules. Both run very decently, the Skyline having gotten pole position and winning races on a few occasions. I have been tempted to try my hand at a brass chassis just for the sake of doing something different and wondered if the performance would be significantly different from my two existing cars. I am still toying with the idea and if I do ever get around to building this car, I'll certainly update the forum on the results. Any suggestions where I might be able to get some tips on designing/building a brass chassis ?

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)