13th-Mar-24, 09:14 AM
(13th-Mar-24, 07:57 AM)AdeC Wrote: Thanks to Kevan and the Manx team for running the round and getting the Porsche to the top step! Very pleased with that!
Wasn't expecting much from the BMW 320 so no surprises there; it's my back-up car for our clubs Group-5 rounds and as such is fairly stock and quite neglected aside from a quick service prior to being sent out (the lovely prepped glued/trued NSR's that I had intended to run on the beemer weren't size compliant so had to be changed last minute to the only wheels I had that had suitable inserts). Plus, entering a 320 in a field of M1's is a little like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Still, happy it's lapping and doing it's thing
I called it the Scorcher...it's going to be the car to try to keep up with!
I'll have you know the BMW 320 is every bit as good as the M1, probably the best of the Racer Gr.5's
On Thursday we raced Gr.5's and Geoff's standard 320 beat my standard M1...OK I jump started and lost a lap and nearly had him on the last race after lapping him but he won...just...and has done for the last three rounds of Gr.5 racing.
Geoff's 320 get's round in 6.1 and I managed to thrash a 6.0 out of my M1 so the 320 is every bit as competitive.
We have a set of 320i's as a club Gr.5 class, fitted with SlotIt SW pod and NSR Shark 25's and get round our track in 6.3 seconds
Life is like a box of Slot cars...

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)