27th-Mar-22, 12:57 PM
A little bit of progress at the end of the week, had a horrible cold which haven't had one for over 3 years.
Hopefully thats my fill for a while.
I've made the separate fancy front mudguard.
Cut a slice of balsa and drew the rough shape, then used a carver's chisel to start and then did most of it with the dremel.
It's a bit of a brain scratcher trying to get curve shapes as this thing has subtle curves in all directions.
I've got it to a stage I'm happy and just need to add a bit of milliput on the tip and need to shape it carefully, can anyone recommend small sanding pads that aren't big and cumbersome?
I wanted to remove the motor to shape some of the chassis but realised I couldn't as I've milliput the mudguard as one and the motor mounts are sandwich in between with two bolts but the problem is there's a plastic nib in the middle of them which I should have grinded away.
So a bit of head scratching and I decided to cut down the middle of the mudguard where the join is and then I was able the use the scalpel to remove the nib.
Filled the cut mark and now I can remove the two bolts and slide it out when I need to.
Gotta go and tend to mothers day curry, I'll post some more tonight if I'm not out in the shed.
cheers
Hopefully thats my fill for a while.
I've made the separate fancy front mudguard.
Cut a slice of balsa and drew the rough shape, then used a carver's chisel to start and then did most of it with the dremel.
It's a bit of a brain scratcher trying to get curve shapes as this thing has subtle curves in all directions.
I've got it to a stage I'm happy and just need to add a bit of milliput on the tip and need to shape it carefully, can anyone recommend small sanding pads that aren't big and cumbersome?
I wanted to remove the motor to shape some of the chassis but realised I couldn't as I've milliput the mudguard as one and the motor mounts are sandwich in between with two bolts but the problem is there's a plastic nib in the middle of them which I should have grinded away.
So a bit of head scratching and I decided to cut down the middle of the mudguard where the join is and then I was able the use the scalpel to remove the nib.
Filled the cut mark and now I can remove the two bolts and slide it out when I need to.
Gotta go and tend to mothers day curry, I'll post some more tonight if I'm not out in the shed.
cheers

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)