17th-Dec-21, 02:03 AM
Don't we always want just that little bit more than we have room for?
This was rejected as too much straight. I mean it's not by any stretch the "purple 220" from the old slot racing shops, but for my little basement, too much speed. And not enough room for the pits I envisioned.
From bare boards (hollow core doors, actually) to the beginnings of scenery entailed discovering that the Perma-Scene people are out of business. So I made my own "Perma-Scene" with hints from around the forums. I combined paper mache, vermiculite, white glue, water, and brown acrylic paint. It tends to mold unless you add an inhibitor, but a little spray from a mildew/mold cleaner like Tilex and it's fine.
After laying down the ground in sections, I added grass, dirt, gravel, and anything that model rail fans use.
It wasn't brain science or even rocket surgery, I just added stuff until I liked it.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)