Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

New motor... Now what?
#2

I have started to follow the advice given by Chris Walker...avoid electricity when running-in motors. No electricity means no arcing which means no pitting of commutators.

So I have heard that some people drive a new motor with a powered motor via a biro refill. I just pushed my car across my desk a few hundred times by hand like a 5 year old...

I love puttering with gears
Quote


Messages In This Thread
New motor... Now what? - by AdeC - 21st-Jul-21, 01:03 PM
RE: New motor... Now what? - by BAracer - 21st-Jul-21, 01:13 PM
RE: New motor... Now what? - by chrisguyw - 21st-Jul-21, 02:23 PM
RE: New motor... Now what? - by KensRedZed - 21st-Jul-21, 04:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Charlie
22nd-Apr-23, 08:49 AM
Last Post by Charlie
9th-Apr-23, 06:03 PM
Last Post by BAracer
26th-Oct-22, 09:08 PM
Last Post by Farrout1
17th-Feb-22, 04:23 AM
Last Post by Qman
1st-May-21, 03:52 PM
Last Post by BAracer
25th-Feb-21, 02:49 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)