24th-Jun-21, 10:00 PM
Indeed a great post and an excellent starting point for sure.
I am in the market for a tachometer that I can sit the car on, turn the tachometer on and it provides me with the motor RPM's as this appears to be the most abused item in the car that people try to get away with and have had my motors tested one week saying it is fine then several weeks later that same car and motor fails... increased in motor RPM's, yes it can happen for sure, a new motor breaking in or an old motor been given a IPA bath.
I want to be able to test my own cars and others if they ask, not that I don't trust others, well it is the case a little, I just want to be able to do this testing and checking whenever I like.
I've seen one that you need to remove the motor and place on the machine, what a PITA that is, especially if the motor is glued in and meshed nicely.
Any recommendations? Yes I have that same small digital meter as Alan mentioned, a few others are using that also just not liking the half arsed setup and use (that is what it appears to me anyway)
Watching for replies eagerly
Johnno
I am in the market for a tachometer that I can sit the car on, turn the tachometer on and it provides me with the motor RPM's as this appears to be the most abused item in the car that people try to get away with and have had my motors tested one week saying it is fine then several weeks later that same car and motor fails... increased in motor RPM's, yes it can happen for sure, a new motor breaking in or an old motor been given a IPA bath.
I want to be able to test my own cars and others if they ask, not that I don't trust others, well it is the case a little, I just want to be able to do this testing and checking whenever I like.
I've seen one that you need to remove the motor and place on the machine, what a PITA that is, especially if the motor is glued in and meshed nicely.
Any recommendations? Yes I have that same small digital meter as Alan mentioned, a few others are using that also just not liking the half arsed setup and use (that is what it appears to me anyway)
Watching for replies eagerly
Johnno

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)