10th-Oct-20, 08:17 AM
Hi Mitch
Thanks for the input. In these 'remote' times, the [HRW] Proxy GT3 offers a vast range of car and performance data. That is too tempting a carrot for someone like me who is at the start of their slot car journey (a bit late in life) as it seems to give out all the clues you need to create a fast car. Obviously I am not so naive that I realise there is also some black art at work on tyres, weight distribution and other little things that people don't shout too much about. But you have hinted at what I am thinking is one of the drivers for motor speed choice...
Does a 30k / 200gcm motor geared down to match the top speed of a 20k / 300gcm motor, provide identical acceleration and braking to the slower motor, or is something else happening that creates a difference between the two?
Thanks for the input. In these 'remote' times, the [HRW] Proxy GT3 offers a vast range of car and performance data. That is too tempting a carrot for someone like me who is at the start of their slot car journey (a bit late in life) as it seems to give out all the clues you need to create a fast car. Obviously I am not so naive that I realise there is also some black art at work on tyres, weight distribution and other little things that people don't shout too much about. But you have hinted at what I am thinking is one of the drivers for motor speed choice...
Does a 30k / 200gcm motor geared down to match the top speed of a 20k / 300gcm motor, provide identical acceleration and braking to the slower motor, or is something else happening that creates a difference between the two?
I love puttering with gears

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)