Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Motor Speed Selection
#5

I hosted a round of the GT-3 proxy here last year, most of the cars had 25-30K motors but were geared down to where their top speed was about what you would achieve with most 21.5k motors but with better acceleration and braking. 
  I enjoyed these cars so much that I built a Scaleauto Corvette to the same specs. I didn't have a 25-30K motor so I used a 21.5 and geared it a bit lower than usual. I could have probably qualified it mid pack, But I could never drive it like that lap after lap. These cars were great. The greatest difference that separated the top of the pack from the bottom was smoothness and drivability rather than just speed.
[+] 1 member Likes Mitch58's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
Motor Speed Selection - by BAracer - 8th-Oct-20, 05:50 PM
RE: Motor Speed Selection - by Nonfractal - 9th-Oct-20, 09:02 AM
RE: Motor Speed Selection - by BAracer - 9th-Oct-20, 11:42 AM
RE: Motor Speed Selection - by BAracer - 9th-Oct-20, 09:07 PM
RE: Motor Speed Selection - by Mitch58 - 10th-Oct-20, 04:05 AM
RE: Motor Speed Selection - by BAracer - 10th-Oct-20, 08:17 AM
RE: Motor Speed Selection - by Grah1 - 10th-Oct-20, 12:51 PM
RE: Motor Speed Selection - by Mitch58 - 10th-Oct-20, 12:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Charlie
22nd-Apr-23, 08:49 AM
Last Post by Charlie
9th-Apr-23, 06:03 PM
Last Post by BAracer
26th-Oct-22, 09:08 PM
Last Post by Farrout1
17th-Feb-22, 04:23 AM
Last Post by KensRedZed
21st-Jul-21, 04:59 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)