23rd-Sep-20, 05:04 AM
Hi Munter,
You are without a doubt, correct. Shortening the motor shaft also reduces the leverage stress and wear on the motor bushings.
But... (there's always a "but") I race on wooden tracks with urethane tires. We often have too much traction, and usually need to move weight forward. Our tall cars may roll over if you go too fast in a corner. Having the motor/weight forward allows a slight controlled slide through the corner making it more predictable before bicycling or rolling out.
We also have 17 flippin' race classes with something like up to 14 sub-classes for one event. I have some cars that barely see 2-races per year. I'm not worried about the added leverage stress and wear on the motor bushings at 2-races per year. I prefer the motor as far forward as possible without requiring a drive-shaft. Sounds strange. But it works well for the Triumph TR4A for example.
We must build to suit our race environment. Everything gets proven on race-day.
You are without a doubt, correct. Shortening the motor shaft also reduces the leverage stress and wear on the motor bushings.
But... (there's always a "but") I race on wooden tracks with urethane tires. We often have too much traction, and usually need to move weight forward. Our tall cars may roll over if you go too fast in a corner. Having the motor/weight forward allows a slight controlled slide through the corner making it more predictable before bicycling or rolling out.
We also have 17 flippin' race classes with something like up to 14 sub-classes for one event. I have some cars that barely see 2-races per year. I'm not worried about the added leverage stress and wear on the motor bushings at 2-races per year. I prefer the motor as far forward as possible without requiring a drive-shaft. Sounds strange. But it works well for the Triumph TR4A for example.
We must build to suit our race environment. Everything gets proven on race-day.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)