16th-Sep-20, 08:59 PM
Like anything. It all gets proven on the track. Bad designs or builds come in last on race day.
I would not make chassis out of aluminum they weren't winning races.
Chris Walker has seen my chassis, and says they can't be more simple. But they are super square, and super flat. The machining process is idiot proof (me proof). The axles can't be out of alignment if you follow the machining textbook. The main thing he still scolds me for are the cheap bearings I use. Chris says a good bushing is better than a cheap bearing. I'm still learning.
I can beat about 80% of plastic and brass with simple aluminum because it's square. But hope to eventually breach that top 20% with a brass/wire torsion chassis. I would like to learn 3D down the road too. I'm sure we'll all be printing our own bodies when the resolution gets better.
I am still just a humble student of slot cars.
I would not make chassis out of aluminum they weren't winning races.
Chris Walker has seen my chassis, and says they can't be more simple. But they are super square, and super flat. The machining process is idiot proof (me proof). The axles can't be out of alignment if you follow the machining textbook. The main thing he still scolds me for are the cheap bearings I use. Chris says a good bushing is better than a cheap bearing. I'm still learning.
I can beat about 80% of plastic and brass with simple aluminum because it's square. But hope to eventually breach that top 20% with a brass/wire torsion chassis. I would like to learn 3D down the road too. I'm sure we'll all be printing our own bodies when the resolution gets better.
I am still just a humble student of slot cars.

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)