Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Slotting Car Proxy Club
#71

(27th-Aug-22, 12:59 PM)Kevan Wrote:  Not the old Vantage, the 2012 Vantage driven by Francois Delacour

No I don't see that one as a "WRC"

Later in the year we will have the "British Cars Slotting" Proxy, so I think it will qualify for that one
[+] 1 member Likes Graham's post
Quote
#72

(27th-Aug-22, 12:09 PM)Kevan Wrote:  For those of us who recently acquired a Revo Alfa GTA...

I assume it is not legal for the proxy as it has an aluminum chassis.
[+] 1 member Likes Brumos RSR's post
Quote
#73

(27th-Aug-22, 08:13 PM)Brumos RSR Wrote:  
(27th-Aug-22, 12:09 PM)Kevan Wrote:  For those of us who recently acquired a Revo Alfa GTA...

I assume it is not legal for the proxy as it has an aluminum chassis.

Good point!  Bigsmile

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
Quote
#74

(27th-Aug-22, 09:31 PM)Kevan Wrote:  
(27th-Aug-22, 08:13 PM)Brumos RSR Wrote:  
(27th-Aug-22, 12:09 PM)Kevan Wrote:  For those of us who recently acquired a Revo Alfa GTA...

I assume it is not legal for the proxy as it has an aluminum chassis.

Good point!  Bigsmile

Plenty of time for a 3d chassis to come along, if a slot.it pod actually fits anyway.
Quote
#75

(27th-Aug-22, 08:13 PM)Brumos RSR Wrote:  
(27th-Aug-22, 12:09 PM)Kevan Wrote:  For those of us who recently acquired a Revo Alfa GTA...

I assume it is not legal for the proxy as it has an aluminum chassis.

Correct, no metal, brass or Aluminium chassis. This event will be using quite testing Rally designs where the risk of chassis touching the contact rails is fairly high. So I would like to avoid the possibility of electrical shorting out on the tracks.
Quote
#76

I've been watching old Monte Carlo Rally footage...I quite fancy building something ludicrous...how about an Oldsmobile 88 from the '55 Monte Carlo Rally

   

   

...I must be mad!

Life is like a box of Slot cars... Cool Drinkingcheers
[+] 5 members Like Kevan's post
Quote
#77

(30th-Aug-22, 09:55 PM)Kevan Wrote:  I've been watching old Monte Carlo Rally footage...I quite fancy building something ludicrous...how about an Oldsmobile 88 from the '55 Monte Carlo Rally





...I must be mad!

Great choice, one thing I would raise is that many of these older models are likely to have a long wheelbase and whilst welcomed it must be borne in mind that they will have to run on the same Rally characteristic tracks as all the other cars. So one piece of advice would be not to make these long wheelbase cars too low on the track clearance. Probably at least 2mm clearance would be advisable for these longer cars.
[+] 1 member Likes Graham's post
Quote
#78

Hi Graham, how strict will the rally livery be? I'm thinking of reliverying a scaley honda civic as I have one lying around and it's in the wrc class. I've got some red bull decals lying around, I doubt the civic ever ran that livery but it's a period correct rally livery (think red bull were sponsoring VW in WRC at the time?) and there is the wider honda/red bull link from F1. 

Thanks

Ash
[+] 2 members Like tatter06's post
Quote
#79

(31st-Aug-22, 08:54 AM)tatter06 Wrote:  Hi Graham, how strict will the rally livery be? I'm thinking of reliverying a scaley honda civic as I have one lying around and it's in the wrc class. I've got some red bull decals lying around, I doubt the civic ever ran that livery but it's a period correct rally livery (think red bull were sponsoring VW in WRC at the time?) and there is the wider honda/red bull link from F1. 

Thanks

Ash

Red Bull is a common WRC livery, so no problems with that and with Rally type decals should be fine. And of course has both driver and navigator  Sun
[+] 3 members Like Graham's post
Quote
#80

(31st-Aug-22, 08:42 AM)Graham Wrote:  
(30th-Aug-22, 09:55 PM)Kevan Wrote:  I've been watching old Monte Carlo Rally footage...I quite fancy building something ludicrous...how about an Oldsmobile 88 from the '55 Monte Carlo Rally





...I must be mad!

Great choice, one thing I would raise is that many of these older models are likely to have a long wheelbase and whilst welcomed it must be borne in mind that they will have to run on the same Rally characteristic tracks as all the other cars. So one piece of advice would be not to make these long wheelbase cars too low on the track clearance. Probably at least 2mm clearance would be advisable for these longer cars.

After a bit of consultation with the other hosts, I am going to change my advice to "avoid using long wheel base slot cars" as on some of the Rally stages the corners will be too tight for these cars to get round, and certainly the inclines would be problematic for them anyway.
[+] 2 members Like Graham's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Gpa113
7th-Oct-26, 06:25 PM
Last Post by Kevan
5th-Sep-26, 02:06 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)