Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Triple Crown - American Road Race Slot Car Proxy Tour
#21

That Falcon and silver Camaro are HOTT!  It will be tough to beat the GT3 of Courtney Sport Racing.
Quote
#22

Thanks for the update and pics Graham. Looks like I need to get a better calibrated caliper, everything is about 0.35 off what I got when i measured!
[+] 1 member Likes tatter06's post
Quote
#23

Class D - Modern Trans Am & NASCARS

   

1) RoadRunners - Greenwood Corvette
I chose to run this strange looking Corvette, a kind of early Group 5 type, absolutely no idea how it will run, but I will enjoy seeing how it performs  Sun
   

2) Bangers Racing- Porsche 911S
After a 3rd place in last years Road Race, the Porsche is back  Cool managed to keep up with the Ford GT's and keep ahead of the Porsche 914/6 cars, so will it do even better this year.
   

3) Team RNLI - Triumph TR8
What a superb build this is, I am certain that the Royal Navy Life Boat Institute did not actually race in the Trans Am Series  Rofl  but if it had, then this is what the car would have looked like  Sun
   

4) Green Star Racing- De Tomaso Pantera
Another good runner from last years Road Race, great to see it back.
   

5) Harrisons Racers - Ferrari 512BB
Well OK, this one did not actually enter a Trans Am race (as far as I know), but could have done as there were similar Group 5 cars run. And basically I allowed this car to enter as the Teams intended car a Toyota Supra came to grief about a week before it was due to be posted.
   

6) Rokers Roar - Chev Monte Carlo NASCAR
Nice build this one from one of our NERCS club Teams, hopefully this will perform well.
   

7) Courtney Sport - Porsche 914/6
We just had to have a Porsche 914, they struggled abit last year against the Ford GT's but can it win out against this formidable mixture of cars this year ?
   

8) Scuderia Turini - Dodge Charger 
Returning this year for the American Road Race is our host in Scotland with this modern NASCAR.
   

Should make for an interesting race this class, I intended this to be quite diverse, and we certainly have this  Bigsmile
[+] 2 members Like Graham's post
Quote
#24

(26th-Mar-22, 10:17 PM)tatter06 Wrote:  Thanks for the update and pics Graham. Looks like I need to get a better calibrated caliper, everything is about 0.35 off what I got when i measured!

Probably my eyesight mate  Rofl
Quote
#25

I will post the Class B photos tomorrow morning, I seem to be short of one photo, probably deleted it by mistake.
Quote
#26

That # 78 914 is a screamer based on the US scouting report.  It’s much faster than my gulf 914
Quote
#27

(27th-Mar-22, 04:43 AM)Brumos RSR Wrote:  That # 78 914 is a screamer based on the US scouting report.  It’s much faster than my gulf 914

Ahh, but how good will the "screamer" be on Devil's Dyke Hill Climb I wonder, not to mention meeting up with "Nessie" in Scotland, that certainly put the faster cars on the backfoot last year, no doubt distracted by the scary monster  Rofl
Quote
#28

Wavegreen Good morning, is it really 9am feels more like 8am, at the moment.

OK so to finish our photo session, Class B cars

Pan American Class- Group photo
   

1) Scuderia Turini - Mercedes 250SL
A welcome return to another of last years Road Race cars, reportedly some chassis modifications have been made to make this run abit smoother.
   

2) Bangers Racing - AC Cobra
This is another gem from Bangers Racing stable, should be great to run.
   

3) Losesalute - Ford Crestliner
An actual car which ran in the Carrera Pan Americana Road Race of the 50's
   

4) Mountain View Racing - Ferrari 166
Another Pan American Road Race entered car, with suspension, should be good in the hills.
   

5) ALS Racing - Corvette
umm !, this one must be the widest 50's Corvette I have ever seen  Rofl
   

6) Scott Sports Racing - Ford Escort 
Another one from the same stable as the Mini in last years Road Race, hopefully will stay on the road a little better.
   

7) RoadRunners - Corvette
I waited a long time to find an event to run this model, a slightly narrower version of the Corvette, but decorated in the Pan American livery.
Also with suspension, another for the hills.
   

8) Rokers Roar - Cadillac 62
Not sure if this car actually ran in the Pan Americana Road Race, but certainly could have done, very typical of many of the cars entered at the time.
   

Well indeed a very classic car Class, great to see that many of the entrants did their best to enter a model which actual ran in the real Carrera Pan Americana Road race of the 50's  Thumbup

The actual timed runs will begin in a couple of hours time, as I will need to get the spectators off the track, and run my course car around a few times to clear off any dust etc., so hopefully making the first results postings about mid day (depending on your clock settings)  Bigsmile
[+] 4 members Like Graham's post
Quote
#29

Wavegreen Good afternoon

Class A -Cannonball Run Results
   

Podium positions
   
[+] 4 members Like Graham's post
Quote
#30

Class B - Pan American Results

   


Winners cars
1st Bangers Racing - AC Cobra #6
2nd ALS Racing - Corvette  #36
3rd RoadRunners -Corvette #12
   
[+] 2 members Like Graham's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
5th-Sep-26, 02:06 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)