Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

2022 GT3 Slot Car Proxy Shoot out entrants & technical information
#31

If anyone uk based wants to send cars up to SMSRC I'm happy to test on our 2 routed tracks. 

Unfortunately the copper tape one was out of action for a few weeks so I wasn't able to set it up very well for round 0 (as per Robs comments about my front wheels still spinning when the car stopped, as I tested on the recessed braid track, round 0 was copper taped by the look of it so front axle would have been too high).
[+] 1 member Likes tatter06's post
Quote
#32

In some guide related discussions with CYG, he sent me this photo of his car from last year, which may (or may not...) include a detail of his track: -

   

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#33

Yeah copper tape on top of track surface there, just like the Catalunya track that was out of action, I set it up on 3 rivers which is braid recessed by a mm or so. Wouldn't have made a huge difference but might have given more stability. Next time....
Quote
#34

It is such a pleasure having the members of SlotRacer Online enter the GT3 Shootout to try and qualify for our very competitive race series.  Here is the results of the GT3 Shootout. There definitely is a distinctive difference when you look at the top 13 shootout winning cars vs the rest that did not qualify. The top 13 cars have a median time of 7.0s and less. The same top 13 cars all have fastest lap times in the 6 second range. Congratulations to both cars PK CZ & JMS from CZ absolutely amazing wonderful cars finishing 1 & 2! I love how the bar keeps getting raised higher every year! Are these two racers part of this forum?  I don't recall seeing them before but what a pleasant surprise when I drove both of their cars!  Congratulations to Smokeio for his solid third. Shoutout to Loanshark for finishing a very close 4th and a special congratulations to OXOcube for qualifying out of the UK, most of his laps were under 7.0 seconds which is very good indeed. I definitely know OXOcube is part of this forum so congratulations!  Three cars qualified out the Europe.....that is fantastic just the start of our goal to grow this wonderful proxy!!

Congratulations to everyone that entered this Shootout. Twenty laps was a lot of driving but I hope you all could see various characteristics of your cars.  If anyone wants to send me their car to test anytime of the year please let me know.  Please come and join us next season!  Now we can cheer OXOcube exclusively here....not too much pressure!  Slotracer member ADE C just missed out by two positions....oh so close!

Rob

[Image: shootout.jpg]
[+] 4 members Like Cgyracer's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
5th-Sep-26, 02:06 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)