Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

WHO Winter Rally-Sprint Proxy 2021 REPORT

(5th-Mar-21, 11:15 AM)Mazda Wrote:  This has certainly been a brilliant event Andy, I have thoroughly enjoyed it as I hope the other competitors have. It has been a lot of work for the Racemasters but I hope they enjoyed playing with other peoples cars. I am looking forward to Sunday and the conclusion to the event. I hope there will be more of this type of proxy racing and I already have my entries in for the Brighton to John o’Groats race.
Good luck everyone for Sunday and thanks to the Racemasters for their dedication.

Brilliant? Yep
Enjoyed it? Yep
Looking forward to Sunday?  Yep
Brighton-to John 'o' groats  ? Yep me too.
Boxes ticked. Good time had.  Bigsmile
[+] 6 members Like Nonfractal's post
Quote

4x ticks from me also 

great job guys 

hopefully i can stay top 10 , which will be a huge mile stone for me considering my abysmal welsh rally attempt 
you never know my third proxy ( BTJG ) might yield a  stage podium ( which is my next mile stone ) third time lucky  Thumbup
it has been a pleasure going up against the more established proxy racers , and against some of the more hard core club racers , long may it continue , and grow , even after covid restrictions 

kev
[+] 5 members Like OXO cube's post
Quote

Thanks guys for your very kind words. Although us four hosts have had an enormous amount of fun, to know our 'work' has been appreciated means a lot Sun

Tomorrow stage is currently being set up, tested and 'dressed' - more of that later.

However, let's look at how the standings are looking for tomorrow. Each class will be run in a slightly different order for the final stage, starting with the car in last place and working up the order to the car currently leading the class. That means the first car will be Simon's Subaru and final car through the stage will be Phil's Porsche 914. The full standings are here.

Class A standings after Stage 10

1. Graham Edwards
2. Noah Passell +28.11
3. Dylan Passell +46.83
4. Rebecca Shtasel +51.82
5. Doug Passell +55.18
6. Andy Player +56.13
7. David Passell +60.34
8. Mike Scott +98.22
9. Jeremy Belcher +100.50
10. Paul Cooper +117.51
11. Clive Mills +156.38
12. Simon Kendall +179.67

Class B standings after Stage 10

1. Graham Edwards
2. Andy P & Rebecca +14.96
3. David & Dylan +32.49
4. Clive Mills +33.24
5. Leo Capaldi +50.17
6. Andy Davis +88.43
7. Doug & Noah +109.36
8. Paul Cooper +155.18
9. Oli Abbott +169.94

Class C top ten after Stage 10


1. Phil Barry
2. Graham Edwards +2.74
3. Alan Birchmore +11.32
4. Sebastian Birchmore +14.18
5. Phil Field +22.73
6. Kevin Veitch +36.17
7. Alan Wilkinson +42.27
8. Leo Capaldi +48.96
9. Ade Child +57.32
10. Andy Player +58.44

I don't expect there to be too much to gain on the stage tomorrow - the average time will be about 50-60 seconds - but more about the stage later today. As we've already seen in this event, anything can happen...
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post
Quote

I would also like to thank everyone involved in this competition. It’s my first proxy and I have absolutely loved it! A couple of stage podiums shows the Skoda is quick, although she doesn’t like the rough stuff *checks eBay for cheap subaru’s While hoping Class A remain some for next time!*
The Celica was a last minute entry and is still running, so that’s a win!
I have bought, prepped and entered two cars for a combined £20 so can’t grumble at that. 
Bring on the road race and the next rally sprint! Well done to all again thank you so much!
[+] 2 members Like Mike174's post
Quote

Stage 11 - Brighton Pavilion Ice Rink.

   

A first glimpse for y'all.
[+] 4 members Like woodcote's post
Quote

Oops! The boys have been counting their chickens.

My mistake. Tappingfoot 

Another round to go and they are in imminent danger of going down  Sweating

There may be trouble ahead ........
[+] 2 members Like Top Down's post
Quote

The final section is looking good, who needs dancing on ice when we can have slot cars on ice Bigsmile.
[+] 1 member Likes Mazda's post
Quote

During the six weeks, us hosts have been appraising all the cars - concentrating on looks, but also considering driving enjoyment. We've voted on our favourite five - as did Rally-Sprint  team members Stephen and Rebecca. All the votes have now been counted and I can reveal the results of 'Best in Show'...

   

Congrats to Pete and Jerome on their lovely SRC Capri RS2600, nicely converted to rally-spec and with the PJ & Son decals we've come to expect...  

       

A close second was Clive's Pat Moss SCX Alpine A110

       

...and joint third were Kev's Powerslot Nissan 350Z and Noah's Colin McRae SCX Escort RS1800...

       

Highly commended cars included Phil's SRC Porsche 914/6, Andy Davis' Scalextric Lancia Stratos, Ade's Scaleauto Ford RS200 and Paul's SCX Lancia Delta Integrale.

Thank you all for sending some lovely car for us to race and drool over. I think we've all added quite a few to our shopping lists!

Pete and Jerome receive the SCX Audi S1 donated by Gaugemaster - a big thank you to Matt and the team over at Ford for supporting the event. The second car donated by Gaugemaster - the Sideways Skyline - will go to the winner of the lucky dip, to be drawn live during the racing tomorrow morning.
[+] 5 members Like woodcote's post
Quote

And a quick introduction to the ice rink...

   

The origins of the layout are an experiment that didn't lead anywhere - apart from a fun little track. The shape is based on the Grandvalira circuit in Andorra, which is an ice track in the winter (part of the Andros Trophy series) and tarmac in the summer. I may still convert the board into more of a representation of that track, with snow banks etc... However it is the perfect size to be an imaginary circuit on the ice rink that's created in front of the Royal Pavilion in Brighton each winter (apart from this year, of course). It made more sense at the start of the Rally-Sprint in January, but it's a fun way to end the event.

   

The track is routed into a 10mm white Foamex board, giving a slippery surface, usually getting more slippery with the dust and dirt the surface attracts... I wiped it down just now with a damp cloth, but I won't touch it tomorrow. I've used copper tape for the power rails - braid would be better, but I found it hard to route the Foamex smoothly enough to create those shallow pockets. I do have my soldering iron, flux and solder ready for repairs tomorrow. Fingers-crossed we get through all the cars without needing it.

I shall be running the track at 12 volts, using a 45 ohm Parma. I've given all the cars a good recce this afternoon and - apart from one - they all ran well. I'm looking forward to driving them again in the morning.

   

There was no timing when I ran the cars today. Tomorrow, each car will get 15 laps. The Fiat did that in just under 50 seconds, but I'm sure some cars will go quicker than that.

I'll set up the live stream at 8am. You'll get to see the whole of the track this time! The link is: www.facebook.com/events/126756789296271
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post
Quote

No hills - tick
Smooth surface - tick

Just give the Peugeot some welly...win or bust!

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BAracer's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
5th-Sep-26, 02:06 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)