Posts: 307
Threads: 20
Likes Received: 583 in 224 posts
Likes Given: 497
Joined: Dec 2020
Location Herne Bay
Definitely looking forward to the race report on this one... grid shake ups galore!
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,027 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Before I start on the results & standings, just a quick word on the cars that didn't do so well this afternoon...
There was one Class A car, three Class B cars and three Class C cars that didn't complete the stage and were given the default maximum of 180 seconds. If it was possible to get to the end, I did. Apart from Doug & Noah's Audi (couldn't see anything obvious - probably the motor...) and Rebecca's Subaru (flimsy Policar guide snapped right off on the practice decent...) the issue was long guides.
The Classic SCX and Scalextric slot doesn't have a flat bottom - it is essentially an open ladder. Any guides that are too deep and 'pointy' get stuck on the rungs. Quite a few cars struggled, but those five cars couldn't make it more than a few feet without getting stuck or getting catapulted out of the slot.
I want to respect parc fermé conditions - so sorry Alan, I can't change your wheels and tyres! And I won't be doing major surgery on the long guides or replacing a motor for Doug or repairing Rebecca's car. I will, however, have another quick look at the Audi and I will take a small nick out of those four guides to create an angle. If that works out tomorrow morning, great. If not, that's rallying. And it also depends if I have time tonight after getting the results and standings done!
(This post was last modified: 27th-Feb-21, 09:02 PM by
woodcote.)
•
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,027 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Posts: 307
Threads: 20
Likes Received: 583 in 224 posts
Likes Given: 497
Joined: Dec 2020
Location Herne Bay
The stage looks like great fun to drive. It’s good d to get some variety in a rally and this stage certainly provided that!
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
Great hillclimb, good coverage and nice photos Andy.
Well done.
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,027 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Stage 8 - Devil's Dyke to Saddlescombe 1 - Results
And the pdf for your records...
The podiums for each of the three classes were incredibly close!
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,027 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Overall Standings after Stage 8
And the pdf for your records...
I shall tease out the Class A and Class B standings after the next stage, but - at the moment - Graham has the lead in all three
See you at 6am... The link to the live feed is here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/462997231719061
Class C will go first, then B and finishing with Class A.
•
Posts: 553
Threads: 32
Likes Received: 816 in 362 posts
Likes Given: 197
Joined: Dec 2020
Location burnley UK
great job andy
happy to see a proper rally track setup
some cars maybe better suited to BTCC events in warmer climes , good to see real rally cars show their prowess
kev
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,027 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Good morning
It looks like we’ll have 46 cars starting the stage - the first car is scheduled for just after 6am.
The course car has been through the stage... I have the ambient lighting just about okay - cars fitted with lights with certainly have an advantage for this first hour...
See you on Facebook at 6am
https://fb.me/e/1ZyrEELYJ
(This post was last modified: 28th-Feb-21, 08:59 AM by
woodcote.)
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Bacon roll and a coffee if there's one going please.
I love puttering with gears