Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

A video of my wooden rally track ΅Flat Over Crest".
#21

Thumbup Wonderful track, so lovingly detailed, I wish I had so much perseverance with the design.
[+] 1 member Likes wudda's post
Quote
#22

Absolutely brilliant!!
[+] 1 member Likes GT Sprite's post
Quote
#23

Just a beautiful track!  I love the detail on the buildings, and kept feeling like I should go rake some leaves!  Simply amazing!
[+] 1 member Likes dreinecke's post
Quote
#24

Thank you for liking my track.
Just for fun; here are some more photos:

rallyhub Thumbup

       
Talbot Sunbeam Lotus of Russell Brookes.                                                                           Audi Sport Quattro of Michele Mouton.

       
Helicopter view.                                                                                                                                Henri Toivonen's Talbot Sunbeam Lotus at Slot Car Shop Corner.
[+] 7 members Like rallyhub's post
Quote
#25

Here is a small photo report about the construction process of the Tudor house:

Hub Thumbup

       
Photo of Rally GB and a few sketches of the Tudor house.
       
Gluing of the walls...                                                                                                                        ...and the roof. The chimney was wrong and is now turned 90°.
       
On the track the Tudor house is almost completely hidden by the surrounding trees.
[+] 11 members Like rallyhub's post
Quote
#26

Stunning work as always Mr.Hub  Heart
Quote
#27

Absolutely love it

Have you ever done an education on making trees?? Wavegreen
Quote
#28

(30th-Aug-21, 03:07 PM)Anthony B Wrote:  Have you ever done an education on making trees?? Wavegreen

No Anthony, I haven't, but here are a few photos of how I made them:

Hub Thumbup

       
Copper wire trees plus masking tape...                                                                                     ...adding wall paint. 
       
Grit from the model train shop on the  trunk and branches.

       
Autumn colours.
       
Using steel wool as a base for the fine branches and leaves. 
       
The result on the track.
[+] 8 members Like rallyhub's post
Quote
#29

This comes right on time! I have been considering making one or two trees... Sun
You have an incredible eye for how a tree should look like!
Are they models of specific real trees, or do you use your imagination?
Each one is a masterpiece! Thumbup

I would appreciate a steel wool bush lesson as well!

Carver
[+] 1 member Likes Carver's post
Quote
#30

(31st-Aug-21, 07:09 AM)Carver Wrote:  Are they models of specific real trees, or do you use your imagination?
I would appreciate a steel wool bush lesson as well!

Very simple, I used my imagination.

In addition to steel wool, I also used filter material, which gives the same effect.
I am convinced that your self-made trees will look perfect, but if you still have any questions left, please let me know.

Hub Thumbup



       
Filter material used as base for the small branches and leaves.
[+] 2 members Like rallyhub's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jamie
27th-Sep-26, 04:49 PM
Last Post by BAracer
19th-Sep-26, 10:01 AM
Last Post by JohnR
23rd-Jul-26, 02:04 PM
Last Post by roguejackal
25th-May-26, 05:44 AM
Last Post by Steam
22nd-Mar-26, 11:33 AM
Last Post by woodcote
14th-Feb-26, 06:25 PM
Last Post by Bbdave
24th-Dec-25, 10:39 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)