Posts: 2,053
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,409 in 1,388 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
It's been a while since I had a chance to work on the track room. Why? One of the light fixures blew a ballast. The room was half dark for a while. The ballast is buried deep behind an indirect lighting cover, and very hard to access. T12 x 8' foot ballasts are getting rare these days. It took a while to locate one.
A friend came over to help with the repairs (JonnyRocket). While doing the repairs we also took the opportunity to install a new lighting system dedicated to the track itself.
With the room looking brighter than ever. We put up a few pictures.
The cars absolutely sparkle under the new LED lights!
New inspiration has been found. I'm moving ahead on finishing the track.
Thank you very kindly for looking.
Cheers,
Ken
11 members Like KensRedZed's post:11 members Like KensRedZed's post
• Henk, roguejackal, Kevan, Anthony B, Tibbs, plexiclone, BAracer, rallyhub, Gpa113, JasonB, nkarres
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
Looks great.
Posts: 159
Threads: 8
Likes Received: 388 in 114 posts
Likes Given: 176
Joined: Sep 2020

Fantastic track room! I bet it’s a welcome retreat from a Canadian winter.
Posts: 259
Threads: 54
Likes Received: 312 in 163 posts
Likes Given: 492
Joined: Oct 2020
What a great race room, wow!!!!!!!
Nico
Posts: 1,963
Threads: 178
Likes Received: 2,498 in 968 posts
Likes Given: 2,431
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Overijse, Belgium
Outstanding Ken - simply outstanding - love the track and the room!!!
Trust all good with you?
Posts: 2,053
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,409 in 1,388 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Thank you very kindly Jason, Mickey, Nico, and Anthony.
Anthony. Yes, thank you. I am doing much better these days.
Posts: 4,501
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,052 in 1,810 posts
Likes Given: 4,193
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Worth another read-through
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
Posts: 44
Threads: 7
Likes Received: 64 in 27 posts
Likes Given: 118
Joined: May 2020
Did you do any more scenery to finish Ken?
•
Posts: 2,053
Threads: 131
Likes Received: 3,409 in 1,388 posts
Likes Given: 3,125
Joined: Sep 2020
Location A small igloo in Canada
Hello Roguejackal,
Unfortunately, no I have not.
Too busy making new cars these days. We gravitate to what we like to do most. I'm making five 1/24 Elva chassis for club members. And another Corvette (for me).
So long as the track works. I can test cars.
Posts: 304
Threads: 17
Likes Received: 368 in 158 posts
Likes Given: 348
Joined: Apr 2019
Healing vibes to you, Ken. I wish you well.
A routed track is a joy. I agree with Kevan on the right angle corner, if it can’t be changed then you will still enjoy the track. I designed my track with only one direction in mind and have never regretted it.