Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Pro-Slot PS4000 Motor
#1

So this week's World Wide Slot Car Chat touched on Pro Slot motors...a range of motor for 'real' slot car racers.

Checking out the PS-4000 - Euro Mk 1 motor specification, it seems to sit within a familiar 27k rpm / 155 gcm performance envelope, but with the added benefit of balanced components and replaceable parts. And at the same prices as the usual Slot.it/Scaleauto/NSR suspects. 

I think I heard mention that they have too much braking (magnetic effect?); is that the only reason they haven't become a mainstream 1:32 aftermarket upgrade?

I love puttering with gears
Quote
#2

Checking on club rules at LSC and NWSCC , "pro slot" is a homologated manufacturer at both  clubs.
Now to look for specifications and a UK supllier.. Cool
Alan W .
[+] 1 member Likes Nonfractal's post
Quote
#3

http://www.chaskeelingscd.co.uk/ for one sell them in the UK.

Professor Motor's site provides a fuller technical description of each.

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BAracer's post
Quote
#4

Alan


From Professor Motor site...

Pro Slot Euro Mark I Motor - Specs @ 12 volts with 45º Springs : 26,100+ RPM 155 g-cm torque 280mA Max Current

I love puttering with gears
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Charlie
22nd-Apr-23, 08:49 AM
Last Post by Charlie
9th-Apr-23, 06:03 PM
Last Post by BAracer
26th-Oct-22, 09:08 PM
Last Post by Farrout1
17th-Feb-22, 04:23 AM
Last Post by KensRedZed
21st-Jul-21, 04:59 PM
Last Post by Qman
1st-May-21, 03:52 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)