Our latest round up of slot car news!
In this week’s round up we have a rare Toyota, two podium placed Daytona cars, a world champion McLaren, and two Hyundai rally cars, plus all the latest events, and lots of video.
- Toyota 7 578A -Test Car FV Slots have released a new version of the Toyota 7, the company’s first purpose-built race car. Designed primarily for use in FIA Group 7 competition, the turbocharged 578A version never actually raced after Toyota pulled out of planned entries at the Japanese GP, Le Mans and the Can-Am series.
- McLaren Honda MP4/5B ScaleAuto have announced a new livery for their generic Formula 90-97 cars which is expected soon. The model represents the F1 McLaren Honda MP4/5B which was driven by Ayrton Senna and Gerhard Berger in the 1990 F1 season, with Senna taking the world championship after the notorious crash with Prost in Japan.
- SCX Hyundia i20 Coupé WRC Hub got the Rally Italia Sardegna 2020 winning SCX Hyundai i20 Coupé WRC of Dani Sordo and Carlos del Barrio last year, and now he’s got another. This time it’s the Rally RACC Catalunya 2021 car which finished 8th, driven by Spaniards Nil Solans & Marc Martí. Find out what our rally specialist thinks of both cars.
- BRM Porsche 917K Gulf & Ferrari 512M We mentioned the new BRM Porsche 917K and Ferrari 512M last week, but Pendle Slot Racing have now published some much clearer photos that should give you a much better idea of what these 1/24 scale cars look like. Due in the second half of February.
- National Digital Championship – North Staffs – 11th-Feb-23
- Milton Keynes Swapmeet – 12th-Feb-23
- Worthing Digital Wednesday – 15th-Feb-23
- National GT3 – Wolves – 19th-Feb-23
- Worthing HO Wednesday – 1st-Mar-23
- Bury St Edmunds club night 5-10pm – 4th-Mar-23
- Bourse SRCN 2023 – 5th-Mar-23
- Wirral Policar Super Prix – 11th-Mar-23
- Your Club Tell us all about your club, or check out this week’s news and reports from Bury St. Edmunds, Worthing, Manx, New South Wales, Worthing, and Mussel Bay slotcar clubs.
- Club Directory & Maps If you are looking for a club to race at, then head on over to our club directory and maps for a quick and easy way to find out what is available.