Issue 7 of our weekly catch up on what’s new in the world of slots!
- Resin Bodied Builds There have been some great resin bodied cars posted on the Forum recently, including Ferraris, Alfas, Porsches, Bugattis, Maseratis, Lancias, and the list goes on. Well worth a look!
- Revell-Monogram Test Moulds HobbyClassic have a range of one off Revell Monogram test moulds for sale on their website. They are obviously not cheap, but might be essential for Revell Monogram collectors.
- Toyopet Crown 1955 Over on the SlotRacer facebook group Mamoru Teranishi has posted photos of his beautifully weathered and rusty, 1955 Toyopet Crown.
- Porsche 997 Rothmans NSR have released two 2005 Porsche 997s, a tribute to the legendary cars that dominated the 24 Hours of Le Mans during the 80s, managing to win 4 titles in a row. Available now.
- Ford GT40 Gulf NSR have also released a new Gulf liveried Ford GT40. The model represents the car driven to third place in the 1969 24 hours of Le Mans, by David Hobbs and Mike Hailwood.
- Tyrell 011 1982 Last year we reported Osterero’s release of the Tyrell 011 which gave Michele Alboreto his first F1 victory, at the 1982 Caesars Palace Grand Prix. Osterero have now released the sister car of Brian Henton, which finished eighth in the same race.
- Mercedes-Benz 170 S-D Slot Classic have released this model of the iconic Mercedes-Benz 170 S-D that belonged to “Automotores Fangio”. The model is a limited edition of 200 units, and should be available from dealers now. Slot Classic models tend to sell out quickly though, so don’t hang about if you want one.
- BMW 2.8CS SRC have posted photos of the test moulds for their forthcoming BMW 2.8CS, and a graphic of one of the liveries.
- Williams FW13B Scaleauto have posted photos of another livery or two for their generic Formula 90-97 cars. This time the cars represented are the #5 and #6 FW13Bs of Thierry Boutsen and Riccardo Patrese, who drove for Williams in 1990. Expected soon.
- Porsche 911 GT1 BRM have released three new liveries of the Porsche 911 GT1, two of which took part in the 1997 24 hours of Le Mans, and the third which raced at Daytona in 1998.
- Poilcar Ferrari 126 C2 Policar have now released the fantastic Ferrari 126 C2. Ferrari took advantage of a loophole in F1 rules to add a second wing at the 1982 Long Beach Grand Prix. Gilles Villeneuve was eventually disqualified after finishing third, but the first livery represents Didier Peroni’s car which wasn’t disqualified as he’d spun out during the race. Needless to say, the loophole was closed, and the double wing was not used again.
- Worthing Digital Wednesday – 15th-Feb-23
- National GT3 – Wolves – 19th-Feb-23
- Worthing HO Wednesday – 1st-Mar-23
- Bury St Edmunds club night 5-10pm – 4th-Mar-23
- Bourse SRCN 2023 – 5th-Mar-23
- Wirral Policar Super Prix – 11th-Mar-23
- Worthing Digital Wednesday – 15th-Mar-23
- New Figures WASPslot have added lots of new figures to their range recently, and now offer an extensive range of standing and seated spectators, drivers, mechanics, tyre men, photographers, and many more.
- Scenic Items If you are looking for scenic trackside figures, buildings or scenery, then Brian’s regularly updated list of suppliers and manufacturers is a great place to start.