It’s time for our weekly catch up on all the best bits from the world of slot cars and motorsport
- Racer Sideways BMW M4 GT3 A first prototype image of the Sideways BMW M4 GT3 has been released by Racer. We take a look at this latest addition to the 1:32 scale GT grid over on the forum.
- MR Slotcar Shadow, Ferrari & Porsche News There’s news of MR Slotcar’s Shadow DN4 project, a brand new Ferrari 333SP and two new Porsche 911 GT1 Evo liveries over on the forum.
Slot Car Racing
- Your Club – Week 28 There’s been plenty of action around our clubs this week. You can read updates in the ‘Your Club’ forum from Manx, Mussel Bay, Norwich, Worthing HO and South Manchester racing clubs.
- South Manchester Slot Racing Club SMSRC are the latest club to post their details on the forum, and extend an invitation to race on two fabulous tracks. So if you’re anywhere near the Stockport area, why not check them out?
- Club Maps South Manchester are also one of many clubs featured in our club maps section. If you’re looking for a slot racing club in your area of Britain or France, these maps are a great place to start.
Tracks & Scenery
- Dylcom Models Dylcom Models specialise in 1/32 products for the slot car and gauge 1 model railway enthusiasts, supplying vehicles, figures and various accessories to help make your layout come to life.
- Hakuhinkan Racing Park Our SlotRacer Facebook group offers a fascinating window onto a world of slot car racing. Thanks to Mamoru, group members have been introduced to some of the delights of the Japanese slot car scene, including this 8-lane, 148-foot layout in the terminal building at Tokyo Haneda Airport!
- FOLM Forum We’d like to send our congratulations to FOLM, the French language slot forum, which is celebrating its 21st birthday this year. Well done guys, and keep up the good work.
- Climb Dance In what’s probably the best short film about cars, rally legend Ari Vatanen’s ascent of Pikes Peak is captured in all its beauty, bravery and raw speed. This was a record-breaking run, the time remaining unbeaten for five years. Pikes Peak has changed significantly since 1988, but the magic of the annual event – held two weeks ago – remains.
- Austrian Grand Prix F1 headed for the hills of Austria this weekend. Would Max and Charles bounce back after disappointment at Silverstone – or could Carlos and Lewis build on their British Grand Prix performances? You can find out in the seven-minute highlights video on the F1 YouTube Channel.
- Don’t Overlook Austria Edward Hardy explains why the Red Bull Ring is one of the greatest circuits in modern Formula One
- Spielberg Track Plan And don’t forget we have plans for the Red Bull Ring for both Scalextric, Ninco and routed tracks over in the SlotRacer F1 2018 Slot Tracks section.
- Six Hours of Monza A brand new Hypercar made its debut in the World Endurance Championship this weekend. It wasn’t a fairytale ending, but the Peugeot engineers did get plenty of priceless data to move forward with their wingless wonder. You can watch a five-minute highlights package of the action-packed race over on WEC YouTube Channel.
- WEC History Made by Iron Dames It was a historic weekend in the WEC for the all-female Iron Dames GTE Am team. Pole position on Saturday and a podium on Sunday were both firsts for an all-women driver line-up in the World Endurance Championship. And it was so very nearly a win for Rahel Frey, Michelle Gatting and Sarah Bovey.
- Nascar Atlanta The Nascar Cup series were racing at Atlanta on Sunday. You can catch eleven minutes of highlights on their YouTube Channel.
- Legends of Brands Hatch Superprix The Historic Sports Car Club hold two blue ribbon events in July and the first took place this weekend with a mostly single-seater line-up on the Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit. Featuring the latest round of the Historic Formula 2 International Series, it was a fabulous two days of racing. The Oulton Park Gold Cup weekend takes place on 29-31 July.
- Nicky Grist Stages The third round of the 2022 British Rally Championship took place around Builth Wells. The Nicky Grist Stages features typical mid-Wales forest terrain, as well as tests in and around the legendary Epynt military range. You can read what happened over at the BRC website.