All the latest news and views, collected, compiled and compacted down for a quick catch up!
- What’s your favourite era of Formula 1 racing? Anthony has shared pictures of some fabulous 1970s F1 cars on his Kyalami layout. Why not show us your favourite era?
- Policar Ferrari 126 C2 Policar have announced the fourth quarter arrival of the new Ferrari 126 C2 driven by Didier Pironi at Long Beach in 1982. As well as the unusual wing configuration shown, the car will also come with a standard version.
- Slot.it Ferrari 512M The first of the Ferraris has just arrived with retailers – and a second livery announced for later in the year. There’s more about this new Slot.it classic over in the News section of the forum.
- SCX 60th Anniversary 60 years ago the Scalextric brand was born in Spain and SCX are producing these two specially liveried models to celebrate.
- Racer Sideways Aston Martin Vantage GTE Another GT car will be available soon from the Racer Sideways stable. The first liveries are of the works Aston Martin Racing cars that celebrated a big anniversary at the 2019 Le Mans 24 Hours.
- Avant Slot Peugeot 207 S2000 Monte Carlo 2011 This trio of cars is on schedule for release at the end of the summer and Avant Slot have just unveiled some rather tasty prototype images. You can see those – and discover more about the models – in the News section of the forum.
- ScaleAuto Porsche 991 Expected imminently from ScaleAuto are the two cars of the official Porsche GT Team on the debut of the 991 RSR at the 2017 24H of Daytona. Available with a choice of chassis and available at retailers around about now.
Tracks & Scenery
- New Buildings Carver has been adding new buildings to his wonderfully evocative track, which represents a small, low-profile local racetrack that has seen better days. The whole thread is definitely worth a look.
- Multi Purpose Track Is it bonkers, or brilliant? This multi purpose track design has multiple configurations for circuit racing, rallycross, rally, and slotnav.
- New Track Build Gref has been installing the lane change flippers and checking out his crossover corner, on his lovely three lane routed track.
Slot Car Racing
- This Week’s ‘Your Club’ News Head over to the SlotRacer ‘Your Club’ forum for all the latest from Manx (pictured), Norwich, New South Wales, Worthing Digital, Bury St Edmunds, Southend and South Manchester slot car clubs.
- Summer Grand Prix Proxy Pip’s ‘Routed Raceway’ was the venue for the seventh round of the Summer Grand Prix Proxy. You can discover what happened on the race thread, including Graham’s regular Monday morning Pitlane Review.
- SlotRacer Facebook Group Bernard frequently posts on our facebook group with details of his amazing historical collection, dating right back to the very early days of the hobby. Shown above is a metal bodied car which is part of a 1934 Märklin electric race set from Germany.
- Magazines Recent additions to e-Pilot’s magazines thread include Más Slot, Jim Hunt Magazine, Slot Car Magazine, Trainini, and Model Railroad Hobbyist.
- Le Mans Classic 2022 The Le Mans Classic just gets better and better. This biennial celebration of the world’s greatest race is captured perfectly by the camera and pen of photojournalist Virguliu Andone in his photo essay on the Petrolicious website.
- Peugeot 9X8 at Monza 6 Hours The new French hypercar made its race debut at Monza last weekend and Peugeot put together this short film. The Peugeot 9X8 is just one of a new crop of prototypes that will transform the World Endurance and IMSA championships over the next two years. SRC have pledge to produce these cars in 1:32 scale – and expect to see other slot car manufacturers ride the hypercar wave.
- Formula-E New York Rounds 11 & 12 of the 2021-2 Formula-E Championship took place in New York City over the weekend. Saturday’s race ended in chaos after a downpour, with one of the best E-Prix following 24 hours later. You can watch five-minute highlights videos of both on the Formula-E YouTube Channel
- Nascar New Hampshire There are now just six races before the line-up for the Nascar play-offs is set. The race at Loudon added to the tension for those either side of the cut-off. To find out what happened, there’s a 15-minute extended highlights show on the Nascar YouTube Channel.
- Rally Estonia The World Rally Championship moved back to Europe this weekend and to the gravel of Estonia. It was flat-out, edge-of-your-seat stuff – summarised in a 4 minutes 33 seconds on the WRC YouTube Channel.
- IndyCar Toronto The IndyCar circus headed to Canada this weekend for the tenth race of their seventeen-round championship. Up against a strong field of young-guns, it was a six-time champion who won – and he is now tied with Mario Andretti on 52 wins, 15 behind AJ Foyt. Five minutes of highlights are on the IndyCar YouTube Channel now.