Your round up of the week’s most important slot car & motorsport news…
- PCS ERA Mini Turbo kit We now have all the details on the PCS ERA Mini Turbo1:32 scale slot car kit. There’s no doubt the Pendles team are on a roll with their resin slot car kits. They are also developing new 3D printed chassis alongside TA71 – and this beefy Mini Turbo kit combines the two…
- Revoslot Alfa Romeo Guilia Sprint GTA It’s been rumoured that Revoslot might make a detour into BRM Group 2 saloon country, but the announcement of a 1:32 scale, metal-chassis, BRM-component Alfa GTA has confirmed it. This is such a tasty car for Revoslot to start a second range of models.
- Maurizio’s “Not The Nuremburg Toy Fair” In addition to two videos introducing their new products for 2022, there’s now a schedule for Slot.it and Policar releases. We have it all over in the News section.
- BRM Slot Cars 2022 It’s great when a slot car company makes an eye-catching video – and BRM have hit the spot with this celebration of their product lines. It also creates a buzz about the company’s 2022 plans, which feature over in the News section of the SlotRacer forum.
Tracks & Scenery
- Belgian Kyalami – Revell Track Anthony’s Belgian Kyalami track has now been installed in it’s new home, and work has begun on the scenery, including a copy of the famous Springbok Radio control tower.
- Batch of R&R figures Rallyhub has now finished painting his figures, and has shared the photos of each stage from unboxing to the finished figure, so you can check out the whole process.
Slot Car Racing
Women in Motorsport
- International Women’s Day Michèle Mouton, Danica Patrick, Ewy Rosqvist, Pat Moss… these are just some of the drivers who have slot cars featured on the SlotRacer forum in honour of International Women’s Day. Why not add your own women drivers to our slot-car tribute?
- Ewy Rosqvist Speaking of women drivers, we also have a special feature on Ewy Rosqvist and Ursula Wirth, who took an incredible victory in the 1962 Gran Premio Internacional Standard Supermovil YPF. Held over ten days in the rugged Argentine plains, this gruelling, marathon event, started out from Buenos Aries, and travelled a grand total of 4,626km. Ewy and Ursula overcame food poisoning, the death of a team mate, and the scepticism of the press, to win every single stage of the race.
- Women in Motorsports “Women were never as far from motorsports prominence as one might expect,” according to James Gilboy’s article for the Drive, looking at the past, present, and future of women in motorsports.
SlotRacer on Facebook
- Scalextric Pagani Huayra in the Paintshop Mamoru is a regular contributor to our SlotRacer Facebook group. His signature images are restaurant food & slot cars – and this pair of Scalextric Pagani hypercars are a recent project. Check out the group to see how he got this fabulous look from a pair of yellow super-resistant cars.
- Eyes down, there’s bargains to be had… The Swindon Scalextric Swapmeet took place on Sunday – and we have a full list of UK-based events for the rest of the years over in the Events section. Time to book those dates and start saving some money.
- Models For Ukraine Models For Ukraine is a new book published to raise money for humanitarian aid for Ukraine. The full profits from the book will be donated to the Humanitarian Charities to help refugees and civilians in the Ukraine. The companies featured include Miniart, Masterbox, ICM, Dora Wings, Wingsy Kits, Micromir, Modelsvit, Clearprop, Roden, and more, all Ukrainian companies that modellers know and love.
- Kimera Automobili EVO37 in the Swiss Alps Photojournalist Luca Orsi takes the mind-boggling Kimera EVO37 into the Swiss Alps to see what it’s made of. You can read his magnificent photo essay on the Petrolicious website.
- Targa Florio Pit Buildings at Risk The remains of the historic Targa Florio pit buildings are currently at risk of destruction as a result of a proposed public works project in Sicily. A proposal on Change.org is currently asking Sicilian regional politicians to reconsider the destruction of the track buildings in order to preserve the unique cultural and sporting history of Sicily.
- Nascar at Phoenix Nascar continued it’s journey back east with a stop-off in Arizona this weekend. The desert race saw another first-time Cup Series winner and plenty of eventful racing. You can catch up on the official website.
- European Rally Championship: Rally Fafe The 2022 European Rally Championship began in Portugal this weekend with the Rally Serras de Fafe. You can catch up on the action over at the new-style FIA ERC website.
- Start of the UK Club Racing Season The start of the club racing season in the UK is signalled by the first BARC meeting of the year. That took place at Silverstone this weekend, with plenty of grassroots amateur racing. The British Automobile Racing Club is the heart of UK motorsport – and you can find out what they have in store this year on their website.