Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Having entered overseas proxy events in Australia and North America, it's closer to home for my next foray abroad...France, and a recreation of the 1993 Monte Carlo Rally!
Yet to commence, the entries are about to start the traditional concentration run from various locations around Europe. My Panda is setting off from Reims, the closest one to the ferry!
Organised by Arnaud Grimaud, there are around 22 stages being run over the coming months. There are more details here for those interested...
Rally HQ website
And here...
Facebook page
Looking forward to it!
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 4,507
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,054 in 1,812 posts
Likes Given: 4,198
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
I've not seen that forum before but some interesting tracks (stages).
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
Once FB noticed my interest in the Dakar event in France, it inundated me with other related events in the country!
I love puttering with gears
(This post was last modified: 4th-Nov-24, 01:16 PM by
BAracer.)
•
Posts: 4,507
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,054 in 1,812 posts
Likes Given: 4,198
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
We did have a dabble at a Raid track but very little interest and the cars/trucks aren't exactly cheap.
I bought a Ninco Schlesser (which I actually quite like), a Mitoos 4 wheeler with a horrendously heavy resin modified bodyshell that I replaced with a Hummer and acquired another Mitoos truck and a couple of SCX Rally trucks from an ex clubmate...but nothing to drive any of them on other than a flat Rally stage so they don't get used.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
Interesting event, and also a cracking, ground level angle for the photo of the Panda.
•
Posts: 2,514
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,556
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
(4th-Nov-24, 10:36 PM)JasonB Wrote: ...cracking, ground level angle for the photo of the Panda.
Poor man's Dougie!
I love puttering with gears
•