Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

UK HO Drag Proxy Series 2021-22 - Race #2 July 2021

It's nearly time for the second race of our 2021-22 UK HO Drag Proxy Series... All the dates, regulations and format are in the 'UK HO Drag Proxy Series 2021-22 Preview' thread here.

The Track: The Rock County Eighth Mile is a seven-foot timed strip (1/8 mile in true HO scale) made from the new 2019 Micro Scalextric sectional track. Cars must be fitted with braids to run on this track. Power is set at 12 volts and 8 amps across the two lanes. Power to both lanes is triggered by a single switch firing a relay board. Timing is currently Trackmate Drag Basic, with Drag RC being prepared for introduction in 2022. After the finish line, there is a two-foot shutdown with dynamic braking and a well-padded catch box.

The Format: The weekday events see qualifying take place on the Tuesday and all the racing on the Wednesday afternoon and evening. The weekend 'nationals' have racing through both days, usually with the elimination rounds following on from qualifying for that class.

Sending cars: Aim for your cars to arrive in Brighton at least 72 hours before the first day of the event,  so they can be quarantined (if necessary) and then registered for qualifying. Please also pack in a small box (max height 7.5cm if possible) and pay for your postage online so no-one needs to go near a post office. These races are designed to be Covid-safe events that are accessible to everyone and can continue whatever restrictions might be in place. You may - of course - send cars for several races or the full duration of the series  - just let me know.

How to enter: Send me a private message or add a reply below. One car per class may be entered per person. Family members and friends are very welcome to enter too. I will message you with the address to send cars to. You will need to pay for return postage. Otherwise there is no race fee.

Overseas entrants must talk to me about customs forms on their parcels! The recipient (me) will normally be charged 20% of the stated value of the parcel, plus an £8 handling fee. As cars sent to these races are not commercial goods, I need to explain how to alert UK customs to this fact and avoid the fees.

Entries Race #12 - 13-14 July 2021

Micro Scalextric Street Stock: Ken, Rebecca, Andy, Clive, Alan, Laura, Bill, Jeremy, Jane, Sue, Jerome, Pete, Nico, Rose (14)

Micro Scalextric Super Stock 6.0: Ken, Rebecca, Andy Pla, Clive, Alan, Bill, Iain, Pete, Jeremy, Jane, Andy Phi, Nico (12)

Nostalgia T-Jet: Clive, Ken, Iain, Bill, Andy, Rebecca (6)

Nostalgia 4-Gear Funny Car: Clive, Nico, Iain, Sue, Rebecca, Andy, Alan (7)

Nostalgia Micro Scalextric 2019 match-racing: Iain, Bill, Rebecca, Alan (4)

Nostalgia Magnatraction Pro Stock match-racing: Clive, Iain, Nico, Alan (4)

Andy, I am looking forward to the next event. Please add me to the list for Nostalgia t-jet, Nostalgia 4 gear funny car and Nostalgia Magnatraction pro stock. Thumbup
Clive
[+] 1 member Likes Mazda's post

Andy,

Thank you kindly again for hosting these events.

Along with my existing entries, please put me down for Nostalgia T-jet?

I'll keep my funny car back until I can figure these 4-gears out.

Thanks a million!
Ken
[+] 1 member Likes KensRedZed's post

Hi guys,

I would like to join in on the next Proxy Racing event (= send cars) and would like to start with the Micro Scalextric Classes (both). As I have a Dragstrip here with me (AFX track with Trackmate DP2000 timing system) one question: at what Voltage do you race those Micro Scalex classes? I found the rules and regulations, found the last results (to see if I can get near  Rofl Wavegreen).

I am planning to join in on the other classes as well, but that´s planned for later............ Checkeredflag Cool

Thanks in advance,
Nico

Donne e motori, gioie e dolori - Frauen und Autos, Freuden und Leiden
[+] 4 members Like Nico's post

Nico - It will be an honour to have your cars racing on the eighth mile Thumbup

All cars are run at 12 volts - and 8 amps is available across the two lanes.

The track rails are lower than AFX, so it is highly recommended to solder braids to pick-up shoes. Micro Scalextric already have braids, of course!

I will message you with the postal address and instructions for sending cars.
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post

Welcome Nico. I am glad that you are going to join the Brighton race Checkeredflag . Good luck I am sure you will enjoy it. Thumbup
[+] 3 members Like Mazda's post

Thanks guys, looking forward to it!! Wrench Wrench Checkeredflag Checkeredflag Cool Cool

[+] 1 member Likes Nico's post
Star 

Sorry guys, wanted to do a 5 star racing, but my tablet did not agree........... Tappingfoot

Thanks for all the help so far!
Nico

For July count me in for :
Street Stock
Super Stock 6.0
Funny Car 4gear

Hope to recieve the 6 Ohm motor in time.....

Nico

For July count me in for :
Street Stock
Super Stock 6.0
Funny Car 4gear

Hope to recieve the 6 Ohm motor in time.....

Nico

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by KensRedZed
27th-Jul-21, 11:46 PM
Last Post by Cgyracer
1st-Jul-21, 04:36 PM
Last Post by Cgyracer
23rd-Jun-21, 04:38 PM