Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

UK HO Drag Proxy Series 2021-22 - Race #1 May 2021

After two extremely enjoyable series and ten monthly events, we shift to a bi-monthly schedule featuring six events over twelve months - four midweek and two 'UK nationals' weekend events. All the dates, regulations and format are in the 'UK HO Drag Proxy Series 2021-22 Preview' thread here.

The Track: The Rock County Eighth Mile is a seven-foot timed strip (1/8 mile in true HO scale) made from the new 2019 Micro Scalextric sectional track. Cars must be fitted with braids to run on this track. Power is set at 12 volts and 8 amps across the two lanes. Power to both lanes is triggered by a single switch firing a relay board. Timing is currently Trackmate Drag Basic, with Drag RC being prepared for introduction in 2022. After the finish line, there is a two-foot shutdown with dynamic braking and a well-padded catch box.

Sending cars: Aim for your cars to arrive in Brighton at least 72 hours before the first day of the event,  so they can be quarantined (if necessary) and then registered for qualifying. Please also pack in a small box (max height 7.5cm if possible) and pay for your postage online so no-one needs to go near a post office. These races are designed to be Covid-safe events that are accessible to everyone and can continue whatever restrictions might be in place. You may - of course - send cars for several races or the full duration of the series  - just let me know.

How to enter: Send me a private message or add a reply below. One car per class may be entered per person. Family members and friends are very welcome to enter too. I will message you with the address to send cars to. You will need to pay for return postage. Otherwise there is no race fee.

Overseas entrants must talk to me about customs forms on their parcels! The recipient (me) will normally be charged 20% of the stated value of the parcel, plus an £8 handling fee. As cars sent to these races are not commercial goods, I need to explain how to alert UK customs to this fact and avoid the fees.

Entries Race #11 - 18-19 May 2021

Micro Scalextric Street Stock: Ken, Rebecca, Andy, Clive, Alan, Laura, Bill, Iain

Micro Scalextric Super Stock 6.0: Ken, Rebecca, Andy, Clive, Alan, Bill, Iain

NHRA 4-Gear Funny Car & Pro Stock: Ken, Rebecca, Andy, Clive, Alan, Bill, Iain

NHRA Top Fuel: Rebecca, Andy, Clive, Alan,

Nostalgia Micro Scalextric 2019 match-racing: Rebecca, Andy, Alan, Bill, Iain
[+] 3 members Like woodcote's post

Andy, Please enter me for Street Stock, Super Stock 6.0, Top Fuel and Pro Stock.
I also will be sending the prizes generously donated from the Nitro Slots guys in America with my cars. Thumbup
[+] 4 members Like Mazda's post

Sadly Jaguar have pulled out of the sponsorship deal for the forthcoming season. However we are pleased to announce that we have been able to put together a deal with Mercedes who have agreed to build a one of special for the micro scalextric 6 Ohm, it is understood that the works mechanics have nicknamed it "The Beast" . This will be partnered by a factory street stock Merc. Laura's aging Aston will again be a regular for this season. It is also hoped that Al's Garage wil be able to complete entry's for the other classes running at this event in time to meet the transport deadline.

Pondiless

For Al's Garage
[+] 5 members Like Pondiless's post

Andy,
Please enter one each for:
Street Stock
Super Stock
MS 2019
NHRA FC, PS, PM

Thank you,
Bill
Aka ECBill
[+] 3 members Like $Bill's post

Hi Andy, Please enter me for Street Stock, Super Stock 6.0, NHRA Funny Car and Nostalgia MS 2019.
I'm looking forward to racing again.  Iain
[+] 2 members Like 935 fan's post

(4th-May-21, 06:23 PM)$Bill Wrote:  Andy,
Please enter one each for:
Street Stock
Super Stock
MS 2019
NHRA FC, PS, PM

Thank you,
Bill
Aka ECBill
Here is a  picture of the South Carolina cars.
[Image: 51158874188_086a9e231a_k.jpg]EA46CA99-88D1-43ED-8D9E-9D4C799D9FFF by Bill Le, on Flickr
[+] 4 members Like $Bill's post

Andy,

It is a wonderful opportunity and privilege to be involved in these races. Thank you very kindly for hosting, and all your efforts behind the scenes.  Thumbup

Go Canada Go!  Checkeredflag

I came in last. But had a blast!  Thumbup

Ken
[+] 5 members Like KensRedZed's post

(5th-May-21, 03:49 AM)KensRedZed Wrote:  Andy,

It is a wonderful opportunity and privilege to be involved in these races. Thank you very kindly for hosting, and all your efforts behind the scenes.  Thumbup

Go Canada Go!  Checkeredflag

I came in last. But had a blast!  Thumbup

Ken

Everybody has to start somewhere.  We’ll be looking over our shoulders, watching for you to come charging up on us.  So glad you are having a good time. Rally
[+] 5 members Like $Bill's post

Bill,

Thank you very kindly.

The good thing about coming in last is you have nowhere to go but up.  Checkeredflag
[+] 2 members Like KensRedZed's post

My cars left this morning on their way down to Brighton.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Mike174
30th-Jan-21, 08:21 PM