Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HO Drag Proxy 1-2 September 2020 RACE REPORT

After three extremely enjoyable events (reports here, here and here), we are moving swiftly on to the penultimate round of our HO proxy drag racing Summer Series on Tuesday & Wednesday 1st & 2nd September. This event will be our 1/64 scale homage to the real Brighton Speed Trials, which won't be happening this year.

Qualifying is Tuesday and then the Eliminators are Wednesday evening with coverage here on SlotRacer Online. The races are sponsored by Jadlam Toys & Models and Super Tires.

There are more details about the monthly proxy drag racing series here: https://slotracer.online/community/showt...p?tid=1256

We will be running the same three classes again in September:
  • Micro Scalextric Street Stock - regs here.
  • Micro Scalextric Super Stock - regs here.
  • T-Jet Nostalgia Super Stock - regs here.
We'll also continue with the 4-Gear match-racing, so if you have an Auto World 'Legends of the Quarter Mile' 4-Gear Funny Car - or an old AFX speciality Funny Car - send it in. The match-race chassis will need to be 100% stock - apart from adding braid to the pick-ups (I can do this, if you prefer) and replacement slip-on rear tyres. And if you have any other 4-Gear or Xtraction / Magnatraction cars, we can match them up for a duel down the strip. There will also be a few experimental Micro Scalextric cars racing this time.

The Track: The Rock County Eighth Mile is a seven-foot timed strip (1/8 mile in true HO scale) made from the new 2019 Micro Scalextric sectional track. Cars must be fitted with braids to run on this track. Power for the first event is 12 volts, 4 amps per lane. Power to both lanes is triggered by a single switch firing a 2-channel relay board. Timing is Trackmate Drag Basic. There is a two-foot shutdown with dynamic braking and a well-padded catch box.

Sending cars: Aim for your cars to arrive in Brighton by the previous Saturday (29 August) so they can be quarantined and then registered for qualifying on Tuesday. Please also pack in a small box (max height 7.5cm) and pay for your postage online so no-one needs to go near a post office. These races are designed to be full-on social distancing events that are accessible even to those shielding at home.

How to enter: Add a reply with your interest and the classes you'll be entering - one car per class per person. Family members and friends are very welcome to enter too. I will message you with the address to send cars to. You will need to pay for return postage. Otherwise there is no race fee.

Entries - Race Four - September 1 & 2

Micro Scalextric Street Stock: Alan T, Laura, Rebecca, Clive, Jane, Jeremy, Leo, Andy Pla, Andy Phi, Doug, David, Noah, Dylan P, Jerome, Peter, Terry, Louise, Gareth, Dylan W, Iain, Bill, Dave, Al S, Hank, Jason + ? (25)

Micro Scalextric Super Stock: Alan T, Rebecca, Clive, Leo, Andy Pla, Andy Phi, Iain, Dave, Hank, Al S (10)

T-Jet Nostalgia Super Stock: Alan T, Rebecca, Clive, Andy Pla, Doug, David, Noah, Dylan P, Iain, Gareth, Al S (11)

4-Gear Funny Car match racing: Rebecca ("Bounty Huntress" Ford Mustang), Doug ("Blue Max" Ford Mustang), Clive ("Candies & Hughes" Cuda), David ("King Fish" Cuda), Pete & Jerome (DHL NHRA Funny Car), Alan T (Summit NHRA Pro Stock)

NHRA Top Fuel 4-Gear match racing: Dylan P (Alanabi), Noah (Optima), Clive (Matco Tools), Andy (FRAM)

Magnatraction match racing: Clive (A40)

Micro Scalextric Factory Experimental exhibition runs: Bill, Andy, Clive
[+] 4 members Like woodcote's post

Andy, I will be running the Matco Tools car in top fuel and in the 4 gear funny car I will be running the Candies & Hughes Barracuda for a change.
I will send a Magnatraction Austin A40 car for a Challenge if any one fancies a race, also I may have an experimental micro Scalextric ready. (If my idea works Tappingfoot)
[+] 4 members Like Mazda's post

My and Laura's cars have now been passed to the transport department, and should arrive in Brighton on Thursday, there is a new entry for the T jet class using a Wizard chassis with  Dash and Auto World running gear, currently under a Camero bodyshell as its new bodyshell has not yet left the paint shop. Let's hope this one can give Clive some competition The Audi now has a new chassis following it's failure on race day at the last event, Laura was not prepared to enter into any discussions about returning the Aston chassis so it runs again under her name.
[+] 3 members Like Pondiless's post

Cars just been put in the postbox.

I just put some air in the tyres and topped up the oil...

I love puttering with gears
[+] 3 members Like BARacer's post

My cars will be on the way tomorrow. There will also be a few prizes included For the racers Thumbup.
[+] 3 members Like Mazda's post

Shipped my cars today. Have added in "Dad's Taxi".  I flattened the roof to remove the fake lights so have modified the body so this SUV should be in the Super-Stock class.

Leo

Forum Precepts:  Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one.   Don't feed the Troll.    http://www.scuderiaturini.com
[+] 2 members Like Scuderia_Turini's post

All the arrivals are coming out of quarantine.

First are Clive's cars...

... including a Top Fueler and 'Cuda Funny Car for match racing and a super little T-Jet for an exhibition run...

Then we have a gaggle of cars from America, starting with Dave's Street and Super Stock entries...

Bill has sent us a Street Stock and an experimental Micro Scalextric that will get some match racing and has got me thinking...

Hank has sent two cars each for Street and Super Stock, but only one will compete in each class...

Al has sent two cars each for all three core classes...

More to follow...
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post

Jane and Jeremy's cars had a rather shorter journey...

As did Pete and Jerome's...

Normally the furthest distance travelled are Leo's cars. There are matching Mom & Dad's Taxis this time - a very nice use of the August goodies...

Iain's trio are back, looking as good as ever...

Laura's Aston Martin is the car to beat in Street Stock...

Although Alan has a new chassis under the Audi, plus a brand new car to challenge Clive's undefeated T-Jet...

He also has the NHRA Pro Stocker and modified Micro Scalextric for some match racing.
[+] 4 members Like woodcote's post

Only a couple of days to go so good luck everyone.
That experimental car from Bill looks interesting  Thumbup.
[+] 3 members Like Mazda's post

Love the little A40 Dorset! 

Really cute, and captures the shape quite well.
[+] 2 members Like Mr.M's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post