4th-May-20, 05:49 PM
Hi all,
I know these are a kit bash, and not a scratch build, but as I don't have the talent for the later I thought I would document my progress as a man of at best average modeling abilities.
If nothing else it will keep me motivated to see them through if/when things go pear shaped !
Anyways, I wanted a little project to keep me occupied, and when I discovered that Pendle Slot had the Monogram/Professor motor 60's car bodies in my plan was hatched.
As I am building them for home use, a pair is my preferred option, so of the 3 kits the '63 and '65 Ford Galaxie's looked to be similar sized, and theoretically would make a fairly well matched pair.
An email to Anjelo of Amato secured me a pair of 3DP Chassis.
These are an inline only chassis utilizing Slot.It or Scaleauto pods.
Trying to use parts as much as possible form my spares stock led me the route of using some slot it 20k Flat 6 motors with a 0.5 offset pod.
As these are a home use build, I wanted to keep as much detail and close to scale appearance as I could.
I have seen a lot of people build these and have them look like a "slammed"/lowrider car. Fine if these were set to be ultimate performance slot cars, but for a change I wanted to go with a more period look.
As the Galaxie Nascars of the period ran 15" wheels, I have compromised a little, using the plentiful supply I have of slot it/nsr 15.8 wheels which scale to around 15.5".
On these I will use NSR ultra classic tyres, which will be around 20.5mm after truing, giving me a high sidewall look appropriate to the period.
So a quick mock up yesterday with the first 15.8 wheels I found, slipped on some 21mm NSR tryres and added 1mm spacers between body and chassis posts gives me this look:
I think I will add another 0.5 to 1mm and that will have me about where I want, but that can be finalized later :)
TBC...
I know these are a kit bash, and not a scratch build, but as I don't have the talent for the later I thought I would document my progress as a man of at best average modeling abilities.
If nothing else it will keep me motivated to see them through if/when things go pear shaped !
Anyways, I wanted a little project to keep me occupied, and when I discovered that Pendle Slot had the Monogram/Professor motor 60's car bodies in my plan was hatched.
As I am building them for home use, a pair is my preferred option, so of the 3 kits the '63 and '65 Ford Galaxie's looked to be similar sized, and theoretically would make a fairly well matched pair.
An email to Anjelo of Amato secured me a pair of 3DP Chassis.
These are an inline only chassis utilizing Slot.It or Scaleauto pods.
Trying to use parts as much as possible form my spares stock led me the route of using some slot it 20k Flat 6 motors with a 0.5 offset pod.
As these are a home use build, I wanted to keep as much detail and close to scale appearance as I could.
I have seen a lot of people build these and have them look like a "slammed"/lowrider car. Fine if these were set to be ultimate performance slot cars, but for a change I wanted to go with a more period look.
As the Galaxie Nascars of the period ran 15" wheels, I have compromised a little, using the plentiful supply I have of slot it/nsr 15.8 wheels which scale to around 15.5".
On these I will use NSR ultra classic tyres, which will be around 20.5mm after truing, giving me a high sidewall look appropriate to the period.
So a quick mock up yesterday with the first 15.8 wheels I found, slipped on some 21mm NSR tryres and added 1mm spacers between body and chassis posts gives me this look:
I think I will add another 0.5 to 1mm and that will have me about where I want, but that can be finalized later :)
TBC...

![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)

