Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My First Test Track
Picture 

I am putting this on here on behalf of all the newbies. Its a second hand set I bought from a seller in the UK who sells these layouts as a starter set for us beginners for less than £100, which I think is good value for a Scalextric sport digital set (with lots of border that I am yet to fit) .

I cannot match the wonderful track layouts that I will be racing on, so this is meant as a test track to set up the cars on, so it's all I need... 

[Image: LUm-lFB_uNb2G6HlKgg_pecN-yWsAbGu7bbJFYWu...5L1U2I1VfK]

p.s. not sure how to rotate photos...
[+] 1 member Likes BourneAgainRacer's post

Decent little layout.

I've got barriers and fencing to fit round all the curves which should save me having to jump up all the time to put the car back on (the loneliness of a slot car test driver...). I reckon if I can set up the cars right and learn how to go round corners as fast as possible, the straights will look after themselves.

I've added a third crossover so a car goes round both lanes continuously, and there is a lap counter hidden under the chair. So the intention is to set a timer for, say, 5 minutes, and see how many laps I can do in that time. Fettle the car and repeat, fettle and repeat etc until I find the sweet spot.

That's the plan in my head, anyway.

I thought I had sorted my furry track problem with my strategic blanket placement...so much for thinking I had outsmarted my cat! 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BourneAgainRacer's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Savage GT
3rd-Sep-20, 06:39 AM
Last Post by dkaeser1
12th-Jun-20, 05:46 PM
Last Post by CMOTD
10th-Jun-20, 12:47 PM
Last Post by kitman