Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My First Test Track
Picture 

I am putting this on here on behalf of all the newbies. Its a second hand set I bought from a seller in the UK who sells these layouts as a starter set for us beginners for less than £100, which I think is good value for a Scalextric sport digital set (with lots of border that I am yet to fit) .

I cannot match the wonderful track layouts that I will be racing on, so this is meant as a test track to set up the cars on, so it's all I need... 

[Image: LUm-lFB_uNb2G6HlKgg_pecN-yWsAbGu7bbJFYWu...5L1U2I1VfK]

p.s. not sure how to rotate photos...
[+] 1 member Likes BARacer's post

Decent little layout.

I've got barriers and fencing to fit round all the curves which should save me having to jump up all the time to put the car back on (the loneliness of a slot car test driver...). I reckon if I can set up the cars right and learn how to go round corners as fast as possible, the straights will look after themselves.

I've added a third crossover so a car goes round both lanes continuously, and there is a lap counter hidden under the chair. So the intention is to set a timer for, say, 5 minutes, and see how many laps I can do in that time. Fettle the car and repeat, fettle and repeat etc until I find the sweet spot.

That's the plan in my head, anyway.

I thought I had sorted my furry track problem with my strategic blanket placement...so much for thinking I had outsmarted my cat! 

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I love puttering with gears
[+] 2 members Like BARacer's post

8 straights purchased to make the track a little faster...

Nice track layout Jeremy. Thumbup

I have seen something similar to it somewhere before.

By the way. That layout almost hides inside a 4x8 foot workbench. Out of reach from the cat.

[+] 2 members Like KensRedZed's post

I noticed this one of yours previously.

I prefer your version as it looks like it has a better left/right curve balance. I might have a go at converting mine later.

(26th-Dec-20, 11:41 PM)KensRedZed Wrote:  Nice track layout Jeremy. Thumbup

I have seen something similar to it somewhere before.

By the way. That layout almost hides inside a 4x8 foot workbench. Out of reach from the cat.

I have found in the past that nowhere is out of reach of a cat. Tappingfoot
[+] 4 members Like Mazda's post

Yes...this has a better flow to it. 

Now all I have to do is sort out the controller!

[+] 1 member Likes BARacer's post

So... controller and power supply sorted, some additional straights purchased, which means it is too large to build in the cat's room, so I broke out into the lounge this weekend!

Things I learnt:-

Lap Trax is a really handy app for timing test runs. Not sure how to save the data in any meaningful way though.

Sitting on the floor for two days is not good for my back! Before too long I'm going to have to have a look at erecting some tables in the garage and getting the layout up off the floor. Sadly, the spare space for some tables in the garage doesn't yet exist, so there will have to be some serious clearing out of stuff first.

Question...how would I protect a permanent Scalextric track in a garage that gets cold and suffers with damp draughts in the winter?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by rallyhub
9th-Jan-22, 08:08 AM
Last Post by BARacer
4th-Dec-21, 05:23 PM
Last Post by rallyhub
24th-Sep-21, 07:18 AM
Last Post by Difinity
30th-Aug-21, 12:45 AM