Posts: 280
Threads: 6
Likes Received: 352 in 149 posts
Likes Given: 196
Joined: Jul 2020
(26th-Jul-20, 10:56 PM)spacebiscuit Wrote: Thanks worked a treat. Whilst I am on a roll can I ask about changing the lights on an XR3i. I have the grain of wheat bulbs and I can see that the each end should fit with the green or brown wire in a hole between the headlights. Is the bulb wire pushed into the hole before the metal piece - which will keep it held in place?
I don't have the car and don't know what pieces you're talking about, but both wires from the bulb need to be connected to either the motor or the braids, or somewhere between.
•
Posts: 10
Threads: 3
Likes Received: 2 in 2 posts
Likes Given: 3
Joined: Jul 2020
By the way, I discovered that the cars which would only move with the body removed simply required new pinions :)
Posts: 1,747
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,596 in 812 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
(26th-Jul-20, 10:56 PM)spacebiscuit Wrote: Thanks worked a treat. Whilst I am on a roll can I ask about changing the lights on an XR3i. I have the grain of wheat bulbs and I can see that the each end should fit with the green or brown wire in a hole between the headlights. Is the bulb wire pushed into the hole before the metal piece - which will keep it held in place?
Hello SpaceBiscuit,
Hopefully you have got this issue sorted, but yes you are correct. The bulb leads get jammed in place by the metal piece.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•