Posts: 3,213
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,777 in 2,084 posts
Likes Given: 564
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
Also I would mention that PSR have some early 60’s Supershells rear engine F1 car bodies with PP chassis available on their website. These would qualify for the Master Build Class
(This post was last modified: 3rd-Apr-26, 01:08 PM by
Graham.)
•
Posts: 3,213
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,777 in 2,084 posts
Likes Given: 564
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
(3rd-Apr-26, 12:39 PM)Kevan Wrote: Mk1 Escort
I was going to suggest the same thing about the F1's yesterday.
I know my Scalextric Escort MK1 is too wide on the wheel arches, but other versions of the model might be ok.
•
Posts: 4,497
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,048 in 1,807 posts
Likes Given: 4,190
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
(3rd-Apr-26, 01:16 PM)Graham Wrote: (3rd-Apr-26, 12:39 PM)Kevan Wrote: Mk1 Escort
I was going to suggest the same thing about the F1's yesterday.
I know my Scalextric Escort MK1 is too wide on the wheel arches, but other versions of the model might be ok.
Yes, any without Rally wheel arches. Looking at my database of scale widths for bodyshells I have 3D printed, Mk1 Escort scale width is 49mm.
At the moment my second choice car will be Event 3 - Small Touring, I just need to find something suitable.
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 4,497
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,048 in 1,807 posts
Likes Given: 4,190
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
I have a Scaley Mk1 Escort bodyshell in poor state and it's 49mm across the main bodywork. Would it be acceptable to allow standard Scaley bodyshells if the wheels were no wider than the main bodywork if the main bodywork is no wider than 50mm? (small touring event).
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
(This post was last modified: 3rd-Apr-26, 01:58 PM by
Kevan.)
•
Posts: 3,213
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,777 in 2,084 posts
Likes Given: 564
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
(3rd-Apr-26, 01:57 PM)Kevan Wrote: I have a Scaley Mk1 Escort bodyshell in poor state and it's 49mm across the main bodywork. Would it be acceptable to allow standard Scaley bodyshells if the wheels were no wider than the main bodywork if the main bodywork is no wider than 50mm? (small touring event).
I have just checked and the Escort MK1 did not race until 1968, so sorry but that one’s not permitted,
But the Cortina MK1 is ok.
Posts: 4,497
Threads: 147
Likes Received: 3,048 in 1,807 posts
Likes Given: 4,190
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Isle of Man
Yes of course, it wasn't made until '68
Life is like a box of Slot cars...
•
Posts: 3,213
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,777 in 2,084 posts
Likes Given: 564
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
(3rd-Apr-26, 03:15 PM)Kevan Wrote: Yes of course, it wasn't made until '68 
Ford Anglia is also ok
Posts: 3,213
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,777 in 2,084 posts
Likes Given: 564
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
I have posted a table of potential entries above, just so I can keep track of how the interest in the proxy is developing.
(This post was last modified: 3rd-Apr-26, 06:52 PM by
Graham.)
•
Posts: 572
Threads: 9
Likes Received: 569 in 284 posts
Likes Given: 726
Joined: Mar 2021
I’m in for potentially 2 cars, but looking at the motor list and attempting to run down a few S can SRP motors for the past year has been tough. I think I picked up one of the last motors a few months ago from Pendle. I’m hoping there might be a little wiggle room on 20k options. H&R motors state side are tough to find. I’m looking forward to the fun.
•
Posts: 3,213
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,777 in 2,084 posts
Likes Given: 564
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham
(3rd-Apr-26, 08:05 PM)Brumos RSR Wrote: I’m in for potentially 2 cars, but looking at the motor list and attempting to run down a few S can SRP motors for the past year has been tough. I think I picked up one of the last motors a few months ago from Pendle. I’m hoping there might be a little wiggle room on 20k options. H&R motors state side are tough to find. I’m looking forward to the fun.
You are now allowed to use the NSR Shark 20k or Slot it 21k DTM motor.
I have a couple of spare SRP 20k motors if you want me to send you one or two ?
•