Posts: 16
Threads: 3
Likes Received: 13 in 7 posts
Likes Given: 2
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Kent
Hi,
Forgive me if you have already seen a posting like this elsewhere, but I wanted to share this build here as I feel it important to support this new forum.
This is the Ferrari 126C2 driven by Gilles Villeneuve at the Long Beach Grand Prix in 1982. It is a George Turner kit with modified front end to take the front wings and a home built rear wing assembly.
I augmented the supplied GTM decals with some small Agip ones that I had in my spares and also a set from Indycals to ensure I had the correct sponsors on the side pods. (The Roxill had to be inserted into the strip of sponsors and the wording on the side skirts).
Thanks for looking,
Philo
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
Fantastic.
•
Posts: 1,748
Threads: 259
Likes Received: 1,599 in 813 posts
Likes Given: 1,869
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Edinburgh, Scotland
Lovely build Philo.
I am always surprised that none of the commercial manufacturers have produced the split wing car.
Leo
Forum Precepts: Don't hijack or divert topics - create a new one. Don't feed the Troll. http://www.scuderiaturini.com
•
Posts: 815
Threads: 26
Likes Received: 433 in 243 posts
Likes Given: 154
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Norwich England
Just shows , I have followed F1 since the 50,s and have never seen that car before !!! Amazing
Steve
•
Posts: 2,355
Threads: 106
Likes Received: 2,443 in 1,147 posts
Likes Given: 7,771
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Farlington, North Yorkshire, UK
I think it only raced once, and was disqualified.
•
Posts: 10
Threads: 4
Likes Received: 5 in 5 posts
Likes Given: 10
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Black Pear Country
lovely model, infact all 3 are very smart. But that wing? No, I just don't get it, it looks plain wrong. Good job it was DQ'd, I would have DQ'd it on the basis it's an offence to the eye
(This post was last modified: 8th-Jun-19, 06:50 PM by
Andy Capp.)
•
Posts: 1,478
Threads: 223
Likes Received: 2,275 in 824 posts
Likes Given: 1,088
Joined: Mar 2019
Location Norfolk, England
The split rear wing was typical of the way teams sought to push the rules to the utmost during this era. Ferrari realised that, although the wing had to conform to strict dimensions, there was no mention in the rules that you were only allowed one so they put two on Gilles car. Brilliant piece of thinking which came to naught when the car was disqualified after the race following a protest by Ken Tyrrell.
Fantastic work on the cars Philo, they are absolutely beautiful.
(This post was last modified: 8th-Jun-19, 08:54 PM by
CMOTD.)
•
Posts: 16
Threads: 3
Likes Received: 13 in 7 posts
Likes Given: 2
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Kent
Thank you for all the kind comments.
It is nice to have feedback and know that my little creations are liked.
Cheers,
Philip
•