Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Lights on! Le Mans Cars Championship
#11

Still no sign of your new shed coming yet?
Quote
#12

Ooh it looks like Luigi Chinetti is going to have his work cut out to repeat his Ferrari 166's famous 1949 Le Mans victory then! Rofl 
Perhaps the MAD Racing mechanics were too busy trying to get the lights working and didn't get the handling set up to his liking?
[+] 1 member Likes DJK's post
Quote
#13

Thank you for the run Graham and congratulations to all the winners of their class and the podium builders,  Good Luck next race.
[+] 2 members Like Brumos RSR's post
Quote
#14

Good work Graham.  That's a lot of cars to run... twice!  Mixed fortunes for me, but happy enough considering the rush job of compromises that was the Pantera.  Looking forward to see how it pans out once points are applied.
[+] 1 member Likes AdeC's post
Quote
#15

Wavegreen Good afternoon,

So after packing up the cars, they are on their way to South Manchester Slot Racing Club

Here then is the Final positions after the points have been allocated for the Series and as one well known TV presenter used to say "Points Mean Prizes" at least I hope so


   

   

   


Pit Lane Report

It was really great running all these models against each other, some of which were the result of many months of hard work and others I know were put together rather quickly. Having said that one or two of the latter did surprisingly well  Rofl

There were some favourites
Class A- S&P Teams  Porsche 911 seems to grip the track really well, so good I had to check again to see if there was any magnets in it. But also MAD Racing Maserati MC12, when I first picked this for running it reminded me of a steam train, very long (no wonder it was forbidden at the real Le Mans in France), and I thought it would labour to get round the track, but I was wrong it seemed quite competitive on my track to the others. Similarly the Ford GTE of Wessy Racers although this suffered with a shortage of brakes (due to the fitted slimline motor I think). The SCX cars struggled as they seems to take a long time to get warm enough to run at speed which is definatly a disadvantage for proxy racing where there are only 20 laps to run.

Class B- The Porsche 956 of Green Star Racing is very smooth and fast and will be very competitive against the LMP's, I was also quite impressed with Team Cubes Cadillac which seemed a very spirited car, for a standard Scalextric or maybe is a wolf in sheep's clothing ? Bangers Racing Jaguar XJ9 was struggling I thought as if there was some resistance to its progress, having a quick look underneath I think the spur gear is rubbing too tightly against the wheel bushes. The 2nd run was better so I think this one will improve as it travels around. Sadly I had to retire the Dome S 101 of Wessy Racers, it was just not going anywhere on my hard Carrera track. The tyres were not gripping and one of the back wheels was wobbling about on the axle. So I have advised the team that I have chosen to withdraw it as I know it will not work on the even harder club tracks.

Class C - the classics are always a favourite of mine, and I was not disappointed, Mountain View Racing offered a great Ferrari 250GT, which was easily equal to my Aston Martin DBR1/2, and similarly with the Porsche 550 all will do well in the series. But who could not enjoy running the D type Jaguar of Bangers Racing or the Allard J2 so well put together by Rokers Roar team. The Ferrari 166 MM of MAD Racing on the other hand surprised me because it seemed like all the energy was taken out of it, perhaps those lights are just draining it too much (probably a case that it would do better with them disconnected  Idea)

Class D - was of course dominated by the Ford GT's, but I was abit surprised to see the MKIV versions outrun the earlier Fords. Sadly the only Ferrari against them was my own 412P which felt abit lonely on it's own. Hopefully the De Tomaso Pantera of Green Star Racing or the magnificent Matra MS650 of Wessy Racers can make a come back and lend a hand against the Fords later on. Scott Sports  Porsche was a little sluggish as if there was something not quite right in the gear box, even after my engineers had fixed a loose spur gear problem

Sponsors
Pendle Slot Racing   www.pendleslotracing.co.uk
George Turner Models  www.georgeturnermodels.com
Amato Slot Car Design


Attached Files
.pdf Le Mans Points Sheets A & B Stage 1.pdf Size: 26.42 KB  Downloads: 173
.pdf Le Mans Points Sheets C & D Stage 1.pdf Size: 26.02 KB  Downloads: 171
.pdf Le Mans Team Points Stage 1.pdf Size: 26.51 KB  Downloads: 162
[+] 3 members Like Graham's post
Quote
#16

Hi South Manchester 
If you are running the proxy in the week I am available to come along to marshal and assist, if your short of help. 
I have never seen the club tracks and I would be interested in seeing how the tracks go..

Just give me reply here if you would l8e me to come along to assist with marshalling.

Regards
Paul C
Quote
#17

(7th-Oct-21, 11:48 AM)PaulCooper Wrote:  Hi South Manchester 
If you are running the proxy in the week I am available to come along to marshal and assist, if your short of help. 
I have never seen the club tracks and I would be interested in seeing how the tracks go..

Just give me reply here if you would l8e me to come along to assist with marshalling.

Regards
Paul C

Hi Paul, very kind of you to offer, by all means come along, we will be running from 6.30ish on Saturday, details on this link:

https://www.southmanchesterslotracingclu...to-find-us
Quote
#18

Round 2 South Manchester Slot Racing Club

Cars all arrived very safe and sound from Graham (possibly missing a wing from a Maserati but I will have another check!) and SMSRC will be attempting to live up to the high standards of hosting in what will be our first proxy event.

Fate has conspired against plans to use 2 different tracks for the day and night rounds (maintenance on our Catalunya track is happening this month) so we will be holding the event on 2 lanes of our 3 Rivers Track. Dusk will be easily achievable with no natural light at T'Mill, head torches may be needed!

   

Long fast sweeping track that rewards a smooth car that can be pushed through the Esses and round the carousel. 


Class A - We have never run a standard scalextric class on this track so will be interesting to see how they go
   

Class B - Rules are very similar rules  to our Slot.it/Sideways class that can hit 6.0 second times on a good day.
   

Class C - A similar selection of cars to our Kinrara class so we know that the racing can be fast and furios despite the elegant nature of the cars
   

Class D - NSR classics seem to dominate this group so we expect to see quick times, at Wales and West the NSR classics get down into the 6 second range - but the Matra was the club favourite when we ran slot.it/NSR classics as club class, it could be the one to beat.
   

I will post a few videos of the cars lining up tomorow. Racing will be on Saturday evening.
[+] 6 members Like tatter06's post
Quote
#19

Looks like I should have changed the motor in our Class D GT40 from 18k to the motor limit.  We will see and good luck to all the teams on race day.
Quote
#20

(8th-Oct-21, 12:20 AM)Brumos RSR Wrote:  Looks like I should have changed the motor in our Class D GT40 from 18k to the motor limit.  We will see and good luck to all the teams on race day.

I wouldn't be too concerned, from the baking point at the top of the carousel it's more where you can start to get the power down that determines the time for the sector down to the start/finish. A smoother car beats a ballistic car on that part, and gives more confidence into the first corner, certainly if you are only talking small rpm differences.
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
11th-Mar-24, 08:15 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)