Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,026 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
It's all getting exciting
I've updated the opening post and we have seven cars racing, eight if Graham gets his skates on. That's perfect for the bit of fun envisaged on the 'Refurbs' thread.
So what sort of coverage do you want - and when do you want it?
My plan was to work around the Le Mans 24 hours - I have the weekend 'booked off', but I like to have something else to do while the race is on. So this works perfectly. As the cars arrive, I will be photographing them top, bottom and inside - and then post them all together, so you can vote on 'Best in Show'. I may also film a quick 'shakedown' on the ice rink and post that Friday evening.
Then it's three tests at some point during Saturday & Sunday. I doubt I will live stream more than one - but what's the ideal day and time for me to do that so most of you can tune in?
•
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
This is getting silly!
Having seen Alan's entry for the 'best in box', I spent a stupid amount of unnecessary time with the parcel tape and scissors (yes, scissors) boxing up my entry. But unlike Alan's: -
1. There is no scenery on my box. I don't do scenery, what is the point? If you want the postie to stand there admiring it and delaying it's arrival at the depot, that's up to you.
2. I have gone for the lightest packaging possible. What's the point in paying for unnecessary weight? Just went for house number and postcode for the address to save ink. Bit of a high risk strategy for a Proxy event...
3. My parcel is travelling as fast as possible to Brighton. It's only a short trip, so went for quick acceleration and braking. Haven't bothered with signatures and tracking. In my mind, that just introduces friction into the system and slows down the delivery.
I love puttering with gears
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,026 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
I can tell you that the postie did admire Alan’s box - “that’s a bit different” she said as she handed it over.
Posts: 539
Threads: 22
Likes Received: 829 in 380 posts
Likes Given: 348
Joined: Jun 2019
(7th-Aug-21, 08:18 AM)woodcote Wrote: So what sort of coverage do you want - and when do you want it?
.. anything at all at any time that suits you.
See? The control junkie is letting go.
Proxy racing is changing me I think.
Alan
Posts: 132
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 101 in 60 posts
Likes Given: 457
Joined: Apr 2021
Chosen which car to use. Just waiting for the glue to dry, then some final testing and tuning. Will be boxed and posted on Tuesday, so should be with you before the end of the week.
Posts: 2,512
Threads: 117
Likes Received: 2,852 in 1,456 posts
Likes Given: 7,554
Joined: Jan 2020
Location Eastbourne UK
(7th-Aug-21, 08:18 AM)woodcote Wrote: So what sort of coverage do you want - and when do you want it?
Just my penny's worth...You could live feed the opening round in order to avoid having to describe the carnage in words. Or you could live feed the closing round as the viewing figures might reach eight as we all tune in to see if we have won.
Format wise, the South Coast Drag Series coverage works well for me.
In terms of when, late afternoons are usually a good time here for sitting down and watching something, but with Le Mans on, I suppose you may prefer to fill that 'difficult' 4am Sunday morning slot as the sun rises on the i360.
I love puttering with gears
(This post was last modified: 8th-Aug-21, 12:41 PM by
BAracer.)
•
Posts: 553
Threads: 32
Likes Received: 816 in 362 posts
Likes Given: 197
Joined: Dec 2020
Location burnley UK
(7th-Aug-21, 04:58 PM)Nonfractal Wrote: (7th-Aug-21, 08:18 AM)woodcote Wrote: So what sort of coverage do you want - and when do you want it?
.. anything at all at any time that suits you.
this
Posts: 189
Threads: 44
Likes Received: 249 in 105 posts
Likes Given: 195
Joined: Nov 2020
(8th-Aug-21, 12:47 PM)OXO cube Wrote: (7th-Aug-21, 04:58 PM)Nonfractal Wrote: (7th-Aug-21, 08:18 AM)woodcote Wrote: So what sort of coverage do you want - and when do you want it?
.. anything at all at any time that suits you.
this 
Ditto

my first entry into a race that doesn’t include me holding both controllers so more than happy for you to run how you’d like too.
I’m moving house that weekend so will struggle to watch any live streaming in any case
Posts: 3,215
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 4,781 in 2,085 posts
Likes Given: 565
Joined: Nov 2020
Location Nottingham

Hello fellow TR7 enthusiasts,
Eventually got down to prepare one of a possible 2 TR7 types today, so it now looks like a Scalextric body with JS Design chassis will be ready to rock and roll. Hopefully finished tomorrow
(This post was last modified: 10th-Aug-21, 05:48 PM by
Graham.)
Posts: 4,022
Threads: 686
Likes Received: 9,026 in 3,106 posts
Likes Given: 9,338
Joined: Apr 2019
Location Worthing, UK
Seven entries - plus one course car - have arrived. Just one missing...
Ade - let us know if your George Turner TR7 will make it. If not, I am sure there will be another time
•