Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

HO cars bought in 2021
#31

Hi Bon,

Thank you very kindly for the information. Luckily MEV Originals only charges $4 for shipping to Canada. Plus, I buy many T-jet bodies from MEV too.

Here are a few before pics. Original wheels and tires.

   

Just the wheel change.

   

Even though it was a bit of time and trouble. It was worth lowering the body.

   
[+] 2 members Like KensRedZed's post
Quote
#32

   
[+] 2 members Like KensRedZed's post
Quote
#33

I heard there is a proxy HO drag race coming up?  Wrench

What is everyone with a Top Fuel dragster using for rear tires please? Thanks a million!

   

Right after the dragster, something else sort of "fell" into the shopping cart. Imagine that?

   

The Buick reminds me of a car my Dad owned many years ago. Nice car. Thanks for the memories Dad!
[+] 3 members Like KensRedZed's post
Quote
#34

   

A couple of superb Model Motoring T-jet drag cars snapped up at the Ashington Toy Fair yesterday.

The one at the front is a model of the legendary Gee-TO-Tiger Pontiac GTO, the other a Sox & Martin ‘67 Plymouth GTX. Both released 1997-8, I think - and neither of them look as if they’ve been out of the box since then.

More new HO cars on their way from Lucky Bob - expected in the next few days…
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post
Quote
#35

Andy,

Those look super amazing!

That's the type of stuff I'm looking for too. I can hardly wait for the next slot car show here.

Cheers,
Ken
[+] 2 members Like KensRedZed's post
Quote
#36

It’s really rare to come across a T-jet of any description at a UK Toy Fair or Slot Car Show, but the few I’ve picked up over the years have been lovely examples.

At the one US show I’ve been to (just outside Baltimore), I was completely overwhelmed - there were hundreds (maybe a few thousand) on sale, mostly original Aurora models.
[+] 1 member Likes woodcote's post
Quote
#37

Here are two of the cars from Lucky Bobs...

       

At least one of them will get a vintage Aurora Magnatraction chassis and some Vincent wheels for Pro Stock match racing.
[+] 2 members Like woodcote's post
Quote
#38

Andy,

Super looking cars!

Camaro's have always been a favorite.  Heart
[+] 1 member Likes KensRedZed's post
Quote
#39

@Ken: asking on tires for the Top Fuel dragster: I use Hornet Silicone tires as he made tires especially to fit those original dragster rims

To be found on FB only or let me know as I am in ctc with the owner.

Nico

Donne e motori, gioie e dolori - Frauen und Autos, Freuden und Leiden
Quote
#40

Hello Nico,

Thank you very kindly for responding to my question. Unfortunately, I don't have a FaceFart account.

There's no other way to buy Hornet tires?

Ken
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by woodcote
7th-Mar-26, 07:42 PM
Last Post by KensRedZed
28th-Feb-26, 04:19 AM
Last Post by KensRedZed
5th-Jan-25, 11:49 PM
Last Post by KensRedZed
10th-Dec-23, 12:02 AM
Last Post by nkarres
27th-Nov-22, 07:57 AM
Last Post by Nico
27th-Aug-21, 04:32 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)