Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Motor resistors
#1

Hi all

What are the flat round resistors for on motors usually in off the shelf cars?

All of the new motors I've bought (Mabuchi and Slot it flat 6) don't have them so do I need install one on a new motor or can I run without?

Thanks

Rob
Quote
#2

They are an absolute requirement if you are running the cars in a digital environment, to absorb spikes in the current that might damage the digital chip. 

Not sure about whether they offer any benefit in an analogue car.

I love puttering with gears
[+] 1 member Likes BAracer's post
Quote
#3

They are TV/radio interference suppressors. Largely irrelevant with modern flat screens so you can leave them off in analogue. Essential for digital though as Jeremy says.
[+] 1 member Likes CMOTD's post
Quote
#4

Good stuff, only running analogue so I'll whip em off

Thanks
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by bowley
8th-Oct-24, 12:05 AM
Last Post by KensRedZed
27th-Sep-24, 12:09 PM
Last Post by Kevan
15th-Aug-24, 12:26 PM
Last Post by Top Down
10th-Jun-24, 06:45 PM
Last Post by StuBeeDoo
5th-Jan-24, 06:54 PM
Last Post by AlexisGaitanis
30th-Nov-23, 10:21 PM
Last Post by KensRedZed
3rd-Apr-23, 01:32 AM
Last Post by Kevan
28th-Mar-23, 12:28 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)