Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

HO cars bought in 2021
#11

Just a quick note to say that the Aztec probably can't be replaced without spending serious money. I never planned on buying it. Finding it was sheer luck. Just a case of being at the right place at the right time.

I am not building it to be proxy-legal. It's just for fun. Specially if I install a 6-ohm armature (or less).  Sun
Quote
#12

Oh oh... The hobby shop that has HO stuff was open today. As was the electrical supply store. We have a new HO drag race test track, and 12V/2A power supply.

   

While I was at the counter. I noticed this interesting thing hanging on the wall. It looked nice too. When I told the store owner I was making a drag strip. He offered the car to me at a price I could not walk away from. I had no choice of livery. It was the last one.

   

Am I commited to HO drag racing? Naaa. Nope. Not in the least. Maybe just a little...  Wrench  

I better do something nice for the wife before she loses it on me.  Cake
[+] 2 members Like KensRedZed's post
Quote
#13

Looks like you're having fun.  Dirtbike
Quote
#14

If having fun was against the law? I would be in handcuffs.  Rofl
Quote
#15

I really like my new friend Adam. He has some cool cars for sale. Specially for a newbie that has very few cars yet.

Another visit has brought a few "new to me" HO cars in 2021. Adam was kind enough to throw in a strange noise maker, an Aurora tool/track tester, some water slide decals, and a 14.4-Ohm armature that looks like new. Thank you very kindly, Adam.

   

The BMW M1 is basically just another car to go into the field of normal racers.

   

But the other cars have a bit of a cool factor to them.

   
   

This Pontiac 4-gear Funny Car has barely seen the track. Everything about it sparkles. It's just been sitting around while the tires turn into rocks.

   
   

I would not have bought this car had it not been for some outstanding inspiration from a friend, and his amazing transformation of the exact same car (Hint hint... please post a pic of your Chappy, Bill?).

   
   
   

This Porsche is in need of a repaint. But the body and windshield look worth restoring. The chassis has been repaired very poorly. It might need a new chassis. Or at least new electricals.

   
   
Quote
#16

You have some nice cars there Ken, just love the Cuda.
Quote
#17

Hobby Lobby score!!!
I really like this casting from AW, goes great over a LWB Tuff Ones chassis...

[Image: 50987049386_6f96aace55_k.jpg]


So many cars...   So little time...

So many cars...  So little time...
www.ntxslotcars.com  Checkeredflag
[+] 2 members Like Ntxslotcars's post
Quote
#18

Mazda. Thank you for your kind words. It's fun playing catch-up to everyone else.

Rich. That's an awesome casting! Beautiful pair of Camaro's! Not that Kensredzed is partial to Camaro's or anything.  Sun
Quote
#19

Thanks Ken,

I've been a fan of this casting since it came out.
Model Motoring on the left, Autoworld on the right...

[Image: 50989494167_2e36d37ea3_c.jpg]


They are a well balanced body, but not the best for skinny tire tjet racing, although they can be lowered significantly...

[Image: 50581937921_12fc19a7ec_m.jpg]


Not all my Camaros have had this much love over the years...

[Image: 50581935401_13e74c3c41_k.jpg]


So many cars...  So little time...

So many cars...  So little time...
www.ntxslotcars.com  Checkeredflag
[+] 1 member Likes Ntxslotcars's post
Quote
#20

Slight update to the ugly blue Porsche 904. I filed the paint off with a scraper and wire wheel (soaked/dipped the body in Super Clean engine degreaser for 24-hours). You would not think it was the same car.

Before.

   

After.

   
   

It might have been possible to save the red stripe had I kept checking it every few hours. I can paint another red stripe.
[+] 2 members Like KensRedZed's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by woodcote
7th-Mar-26, 07:42 PM
Last Post by KensRedZed
28th-Feb-26, 04:19 AM
Last Post by KensRedZed
5th-Jan-25, 11:49 PM
Last Post by KensRedZed
10th-Dec-23, 12:02 AM
Last Post by nkarres
27th-Nov-22, 07:57 AM
Last Post by Nico
27th-Aug-21, 04:32 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)