Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Covid-era UK proxy racing?
#11

Thank you kind sir.
[+] 1 member Likes KensRedZed's post
Quote
#12

I guess it would require people that have good contacts (initially) in order to have host that are known and trusted as well as have contacts and knowledge to help organise. I guess future hosts could be found from people who entered the previous proxy or at least one ‘well known’ proxy that year. 
I guess I saw it in my head as similar to a national racing series (eg BTCC) where cars race at one track, or even 2/3 if there are a group of like-minded people in the local area. Cars would then be returned to owners so that they could be set up for the next round (if rules allowed). The thinking behind ‘home’ tracks is that each on each is different. One could be high speed long straights, the next could be super small and twisty. 
Like you said though, organisation and I guess trusting people is one of the main things.
Didn’t think a thought while doing the dishes would go this far!  Bigsmile
Thanks for your input guys! Wavegreen
[+] 2 members Like Mike174's post
Quote
#13

actually didn't think of that 
can see trust is an issue 
i mean any car has a $/£ value 

surely the organizers would have the hosts name / address / phone number etc 
usually the hosts and their tracks are announced before hand

definitely agree any prospective hosts should have entered a minimum number of proxies before hosting
[+] 1 member Likes OXO cube's post
Quote
#14

I agree that people stealing cars is probably far fetched, it only takes one broken car at the hands of an over enthusiastic driver and the whole thing is done. Another reason hosts would have to have participated/already run a proxy so they understand what’s required. 
As far as cars, I reckon most people will have 80’s cars of some sort (metros, 240z, rs500’s, Xr3i, sd1 rovers, 1275gt minis etc) kicking around that could be raced cheaply.
[+] 2 members Like Mike174's post
Quote


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Kevan
5th-Sep-26, 02:06 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)