15th-May-20, 12:24 PM
All done..
Despite the imperfections in the paint, I think they turned out OK, just don't look too hard
I used some Humbrol satin varnish to dial down the chrome.
For anyone wishing to use the cars bodyposts, the holes are larger than a lot of newer stuff. Sloting Plus do some half threaded screws for Carrera cars which are just perfect for these.
Talking of Carrera … these ended up in their ballpark weight wise, coming in at just under a hefty 120g each complete.
I had already added 12g in the chassis below the axle lines to compensate for the ~39g body weight.
But these do have some brakes thanks to the short gearing and the flat 6 torque.
Now 60's era NASCARs can thunder around Roughwood
Despite the imperfections in the paint, I think they turned out OK, just don't look too hard
I used some Humbrol satin varnish to dial down the chrome.
For anyone wishing to use the cars bodyposts, the holes are larger than a lot of newer stuff. Sloting Plus do some half threaded screws for Carrera cars which are just perfect for these.
Talking of Carrera … these ended up in their ballpark weight wise, coming in at just under a hefty 120g each complete.
I had already added 12g in the chassis below the axle lines to compensate for the ~39g body weight.
But these do have some brakes thanks to the short gearing and the flat 6 torque.
Now 60's era NASCARs can thunder around Roughwood


![[+]](https://slotracer.online/community/images/bootbb/collapse_collapsed.png)