Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

My 60's Nascar's build
#2

So today was time to start in earnest.
After I spent some time at the weekend drawing up some custom decals, I fired off an email to "Wraith" to secure his services in printing them for me  Cool

I am a messy worker, so I won't be matching the pristine presentation and execution many of you here do :p


The 65 and 63 bodies were weighed, minus bumpers glass and interior.
Both are pretty sturdy plastic, but one was about 2g heavier.
On the heaviest one the boot  (.. hold on, as its American, the trunk) lid was separate and there was more plastic than needed underneath. 
So I trimmed some out as far as I could without compromising the strength, and managed to get it down to around 0.8g difference, close enough for now, once everything is in place I will re-weigh and balance them if required.
This shows what I trimmed, sorry I forgot the before pic !

   

That done and all the body parts attatched that I can before painting, it was time to see what to do with the interiors.
As the cars were originally designed for a sidewinder configuration, and I am running a long inline something has to give.
Normally if a motor interferes,  I remove the interior and replace it with a lexan one, but as I already said, I wanted to retain as much detail as possible.
For some reason, the 65 Interior fitted as it should, but on the 63 I needed to Dremel some of the rear parcel shelf and edges of the dashboard to get it to fit in snug !


My plan is to make a shallow tray interior So the Dremel came out sliced off the lower section.

   
[+] 3 members Like Savage GT's post
Quote


Messages In This Thread
My 60's Nascar's build - by Savage GT - 4th-May-20, 05:49 PM
RE: My 60's Nascar's build - by Savage GT - 4th-May-20, 06:22 PM
RE: My 60's Nascar's build - by Savage GT - 4th-May-20, 06:45 PM
RE: My 60's Nascar's build - by Savage GT - 4th-May-20, 07:07 PM
RE: My 60's Nascar's build - by Fluff - 4th-May-20, 08:17 PM
RE: My 60's Nascar's build - by Savage GT - 5th-May-20, 11:23 AM
RE: My 60's Nascar's build - by Savage GT - 7th-May-20, 06:53 AM
RE: My 60's Nascar's build - by Savage GT - 8th-May-20, 07:09 AM
RE: My 60's Nascar's build - by Savage GT - 9th-May-20, 03:42 PM
RE: My 60's Nascar's build - by Top Down - 9th-May-20, 04:03 PM
RE: My 60's Nascar's build - by Savage GT - 10th-May-20, 03:07 PM
RE: My 60's Nascar's build - by Fluff - 10th-May-20, 08:03 PM
RE: My 60's Nascar's build - by Savage GT - 15th-May-20, 12:24 PM
RE: My 60's Nascar's build - by CMOTD - 15th-May-20, 01:29 PM
RE: My 60's Nascar's build - by Fluff - 15th-May-20, 01:42 PM
RE: My 60's Nascar's build - by Savage GT - 15th-May-20, 02:31 PM
RE: My 60's Nascar's build - by Fluff - 15th-May-20, 07:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Tibbs
8th-Jan-23, 03:09 PM
Last Post by Tibbs
23rd-May-22, 09:04 PM
Last Post by Nico
3rd-Dec-21, 04:17 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)